Home time-FP

Mother- Florence Pugh

Y/n's age: 3

multiple ...... = pause or a deep breath

Not proof read to tired

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Florence

"Okay I hear what your, saying but I simply can't do that," I repeat to the Zoom call full of my now-old pr team
"Is there any way this can be moved for the summer holidays? or can it be moved to London?" I say rubbing my forehead in stress.
"No, it can't Florence. If this is going to happen then it needs to happen now," he said like I've done something wrong, I just refuse to uproot my child's whole life, I can't just think of myself I have a 3-year-old to think of.
"Then I guess it isn't going to happen, I gotta go everyone," I said as I saw the time it was almost 12 and Y/n's pre-kindy ends at 12 and I could really use a hug from her right now.
"We told you this would happen Florence, back when you first got pregnant. Kids aren't good for careers, they are a distraction and it doesn't help when you hide her face, the amount of publicity it would bring you if people saw her face." he stated disappointed. I saw red, my baby girl is not a 'distraction' and I have chosen to keep Y/n's identity hidden so she can a chance of a normal life and do you know the type of creeps there are on the internet? Yeah I'd rather keep my child away from that thanks. But I know better than to let my anger explode and I still have to collect Y/n/n from school.

"I am going to explain something to you,.....If you ever refer to my child as a 'distraction' I will lose my fucking mind.... Look up until the past 3 years it's been a pleasure working with you, but I don't think we will continue to work together and do not call me dramatic, this is me being nice. Never contact me again." i said pausing to take deep breath so I didn't explode, completely.
I slammed my laptop lid down out of anger and absolute frustration, I felt tears start to brim to my eyes but I quickly wipe them away, I clear my throat with a light cough then walk out of my home office grabbing my car keys and phone then heading to the car. My daughter is not a 'distraction' right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n

"tag! your it!"I yell as I tag one of the girls in my class Madison.W. I turn to run away when Ms Lilla says.

" Y/n! your Mummy is here!" Ms calls out to me
"MUMMY!!" I scream running. She kneels down and I crash into her warm, soft body.
"Mama I missed you! I did sooo much today I did painting and I.... Mummy are you crying?" I said starting off really energetic then quieting down when I saw the possibility of Mama being sad.
"No, no bubs I'm ok. I feel even better now." she tells me than covers my checks in kisses making me giggle
"Come on let's grab your bag and your sweater from your cubby." Mummy says taking my hand
She helps my put my pink zip up sweater on over my navy blue and white checkered school dress. She then picks me up and places me on her hip and I place my arms securely around her neck still facing forward. Mummy has a conversation with one of my other teachers, I just look around the small desk area.

Florence

"Come on let's grab your bag and your sweater from your cubby." I tell y/n taking her hand. I noticed people around me staring and taking pictures as i was getting out of the car, they weren't paparazzi just random strangers, so I'm guessing by the time handover is done with Y/n/n the place will be swarming with Papz, great.

I help Y/n put her sweater on and adjusting the knee length leggings she had on underneath before picking her up onto my hip making sure she's secure. I want to do handover as fast as possible so I can go before there are loads of paparazzis show up.
"Okay I need you to sign these for me" the receptionist says pulling out the papers and a pen. I quickly bounce Y/n adjusting her so I can use one hand. She moves her head so it's facing the glass door which is behind us then I hear a faint whine,
"Bad camera people are back...." She whispers
"Great." I said under my breath. Honestly no consideration for my kid?!
"Ok sweet pea" I said passing the papers and pen back to the lady She says a guilty
"I'm sorry." Like it's her fault
"It's ok it's not your fault some people just have no respect for others." I say with a soft smile
I move Y/n to the front of me removing my sweater and placing it over her so it covers her face
"You ok in there?" I ask her to make sure she can breath.
"Yep I all good Mummy." She says giving me a little thumbs up with the hand that isn't around my neck. Let's do this, I put on my sunglasses and hold onto y/n extra tightly so she feels safe and so the coat doesn't fall.

~~~~~~~~
I open the door and boom.

Y/n

Mummy opens the door and that's when the craziness starts.
"FLORENCE OVER HERE BABY"
"SHOW US THE KID COME ON! YOU OWE US!"
Everyone was yelling and screaming it was really scary. I felt people touching me and trying to grab me, I felt a mean cold hand wrap around my ankle and pull it hurt really bad and I lost my purple runner. I screamed and started crying and tried climbing high on Mummy she kept hugging me tighter and started yelling

Florence

just get to the car, just get to the house, is all I could think rubbing a crying Y/n/n's back, and quietly whispering to her even though I am pretty certain she can't even hear me.

"HEY GET BACK!" I start yelling as there getting to close trying to pull the coat off to see baby girls face. The i hear Y/n scream and i snap my head around and see a guy grabbing Y/n's foot which was wrapped around my torso. Another man was right behind him like he was ready to grab her

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME AND MY CHILD NOW!" I screamed trying to body block Y/n's little body from the cameras but each way I try to do it I am met with a camera. I haven't had it this bad with Paparazzi until I was pregnant and than had Y/n.

"Its ok were at the car now." I tell A hysterical Y/n
I feel like the worst person in the world, the worst mother in the world. I can't even pick my child up from school with out it being literally dangerous. I hold her tight in my arms in the back seat of my car, all my windows are tinted and are pretty much impossible to see though on the outside so no one can see us
"Bubs your ok, I've got you ok? Mama is protecting you." I sooth gently rocking side to side patting her bum
"ttthey......ttook myy shoe." She says hiccuping and still sobbing. I peer down at her feet and she wasn't lying they took her shoe, these are her favourite purple sneakers too.
"Babe runners can be replaced but I can't get a new Y/n, I can't get a new you baby" I say puller her closer to me to sooth her and myself as I feel the adrenaline wearing away. I start humming hoping she drift off as it took so long getting to the car it's almost time for her afternoon nap well it's not really a nap more like quiet time but I think she needs a nap after this disaster. I continue humming while patting her bum and rock until I feel her breathing even out and the cries reduce to little tired breaths, I take a deep breath in letting myself calm down a bit, I wiggle slowly and carefully one of my arms free and brush some of my hair out of my face than glancing down at my baby again, God she's gorgeous even her face smushed up against my chest is perfect. I've decided she isn't a distraction she is everything. Slowly I lower her into her seat completely freezing after I feel her stirring but continue buckling her in her seat after I'm in the clear placing my coat back over her tiny person and a quick peck on the forehead before i exist the back seat. I have some words to exchange with a certain shoe thief.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: sorry this took to long, I am currently working on like 3 new Chapters while studying for my exams and shit soooo yea ( I was also debating publishing all of them at once but the other ones suck slightly more than this one so I probs won't publish those ones) Plssss feel free to leave any ideas or requests!