MEREDITH!-TS

Mother: Taylor Swift
Age: 2
Summary: it's 2 am and Taylor's cat, Meredith, won't shut up!
(And you're really sick)
(OH! and it's new years eve)

Tws: Vomit,

<=======>
Taylor

Toddlers with colds.
Are not.
Fun.

Seriously, if someone asks me my least favourite part of motherhood I would say,
flu season.

Because when they're sick, they're ten times harder to get to sleep.

I'm not joking it took me TWO HOURS to get Y/n to fall asleep, just for her to continually wake up sobbing because her head hurts or her nose feels funny.

It's heartbreaking in every way.
And I mean EVERY. WAY.

I am heartbroken that my baby is sick like this but every time she starts crying I feel like stabbing myself in the foot.

But I really do love her, I adore her and each of her tiny little features.

But it's hard to when she's sick.

This is the longest she's been asleep, tonight

and, honestly, I'm so scared to move right now.

She squished herself between my chest and the mattress while keeping a strong grip on my hand that isn't supporting her body weight.

I haven't let myself sleep properly so I'm dozing, while allowing myself to enjoy the brief silence that fills our apartment.

I'm nervous that if I move or let myself sleep, she will wake up screaming again.

Or that I'll crush her since I'm lying on my side.

"Ouchy Mommy," Y/n mumbles from behind her binky

"I know baby girl, I know," soothe her quietly.

I carefully roll onto my back and slowly bring Y/n onto my chest, she immediately curls up, snuggling into me and placing her head under my chin.

She lets go of my hand and exchanges it for a fist full of my ponytail, clutching it tightly like I wear a dog on a leash.

I place my hand on the back of her tiny neck and use my other arm to hold the rest of her body close to mine. 

I gently pat her bottom and rub her shoulder as I hum to calm her down.

"You'll get better soon," I whisper pressing a soft kiss on her chubby cheek

Eventually, I feel her breathing even out and her grip on my hair loosens showing me that she's asleep again.

I quickly but carefully take her hand off my hair and hold it massaging it slightly

"Hot," Y/n whines quietly

"Cold," She whines again

"Are you hot or cold baby?" I ask quietly pressing soft kisses to her hand

But I receive no response signalling she's fallen asleep again