CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Are you sure about this, Scarlet?" Lee had come inside the dressing room where all the other bridesmaids were getting ready to step outside. I took a deep breath, "Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I?" I could feel my heart racing from the excitement and nervousness that was running through my body. "You can still run away with me." Six months down the road and things were actually a little better than where I first started.

Lee and I had become friends and had just viewed it as a distant, yet fun memory. "I'll take care of you. I can raise your son." He set his hands on my pregnant belly, "I'm sure Ryan would find a way to kick your ass and it won't be pretty." Ryan ended up becoming a jealous fiancé, soon-to-be husband that I definitely do not mind.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I think I'll just go outside and stand up next to him. Break a leg." The music had started to play and I could really feel the anxiety setting in. Ryan had laughed at me the entire time when I was explaining how I was going to look fat. I could hear his 'you're pregnant, babe' statement so many times.

I nervously started walking down the aisle after the bridesmaids (which ended up being girls that I worked with and people from back home.) The priest ended up giving us time to take our vows. "Scarlet, when I first met you, I knew that I just had to have you. There was no other way that I was going to leave that small town without having you by my side. Even though we haven't known each other for too long, I feel like I have known you my entire life. Scarlet, with this ring, I hope you can love me for the way I am, with the flaws I have, as I will love you exactly the way you are. I will take care of you when you are sick, love you even when you hate me, and make you smile when you are feeling down.

I will be the best father to our son and that little boy is going to be so lucky to have you as his mother. I love you, Scarlet." I hadn't even noticed that I was crying like the emotional person I was, it could've been the hormones from pregnancy. "Scarlet, you may saw your vows now." The priest had given me a kleenex to wipe away my tears. "Ryan, I had this whole speech thing planned, but now I can't remember it." Yay, Scarlet. You would forget your vow speech.

"What I'm trying to say is that I can't wait to be your wife, mother to our son, and be the person beside you until the day we die. I love you, I love you so, so much, Ryan. I can't imagine my life without you and I promise that I will love you forever, nothing can ever change that." Ryan had been holding my hand the entire time, never taking his eyes off of me.

"Do you, Ryan Harper, take Scarlet Ames to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish her? In sickness and in health? For better or for worse? Until death do you part?" "I do." I took the ring and placed it on his left hand, "I really do. Can I kiss her now?" Everyone in the audience started laughing,

"Not yet Mr. Harper. And now. Do you, Scarlet Ames, take Ryan Harper to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish him? In sickness and in health? For better or for worse? Until death do you part?"

"I do!" Ryan took his ring and placed it on my left hand now. I didn't even wait the priest to marry us with his final words. "I now pronounce you husband and wife," I kissed Ryan with everything that I could, almost making us both trip, but thankfully he caught my balance, "You may now kiss the bride." Everyone kept on laughing. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Ryan Harper." We faced the audience, our family and friends, I held onto my pregnant belly as I was cherishing this moment. Mrs. Ryan Harper. I looked over at my ring for an instant, "You're mine now, Scarlet. And I'm never going to let you leave my side." He placed a soft kiss on my cheek and we started walking down the aisle with our family and friends watching us from behind now.

"We did it." I tried jumping to him, but being pregnant was no joke. I weighed a lot more than my usual self. "Party?" "Yes, but no alcohol for you Mrs. Harper." I smiled and enjoyed the moment.

Three months later.

"I don't want to!" I finally got the courage to get off the bed with my belly as huge as another me. Having a Harper son was definitely taking it's toll on me. I stepped into the bath that Ryan had already gotten ready for me with bubbles. He knew I loved that.

"Scarlet, I'm fixing you something to eat, don't slip in there. Grab onto the handles and I'll help you get out once you're done." He had surprisingly gotten extremely careful with me. Tucking me in every night. Making sure I ate three meals a day. I started scrubbing my back, "Ry..." Something didn't feel right. Ryan came in with the spatula and a can of tomato sauce. "Um." "What's wrong, tell me what's wrong. Are you okay? What are you feeling?" I stood up and held onto the handles, Ryan was trying to figure out a place to set the tomato sauce and spatula, but was fighting through leaving back to the kitchen and staying with me.

All of a sudden, a lot of juices fell out of me, Ryan gave me a surprised look, "Did you pee?" "Oh my gosh, Ryan! It's time. The baby is coming." Ryan immediately threw what he was holding onto the sink and went to grab me out of the water. He started gathering clothes I could wear to the hospital and the baby bag that had all the essentials.

I calmly sat on the bed and put on everything that Ryan was giving me, "Ryan, I'm okay. Calm down." "We need to hurry." At the hospital, everything had gone well. "Here is your baby boy, isn't he precious?" The nurse had brought over our son. We were both exhausted, excited, and eager to see our son, "We haven't even picked a name." "I like Ryan."

"Two Ryan's in the household. I don't know about that, Scar." Come to think of it. We didn't have enough time to pick out a name. We were both working crazy hours, barely getting enough time to see each other, and then we had enjoyed our Honeymoon in Hawaii. "Marc." We both looked at each other and then back at our baby, "Yes. You're a Marc Harper, my sweetheart." "Definitely a Marc." Ryan gave me a kiss on the forehead and then started holding our baby. "Our little family is complete now."

"Yes it is. Are you ready for the sleepless nights that are in our near future?" "As long as those sleepless nights include you in it. Late night movies, Chocolate milk, and coffee in the morning. Doesn't sound too bad." I smiled, "It doesn't. I love you, Ryan." "And I love you, Scarlet."

Fin.