CHAPTER SEVEN

"Questo tortellini e incredibile, possiamo avere ancora un po 'di vino per favore, grazie!" Ryan smoothed his italian out like he knew it back and forth.  I was beginning to become jealous of him, maybe I should've taken that italian class in high school, at least I could've known more than one language.

"I'm thinking you're flirting with that waitress", I smiled as I kept on eating my spaghetti, I figured this would be the best choice since I've eaten that before and I love spaghetti anywhere, anytime.

"You don't have to be worried Scarlet, I just told her the food tasted good and if she could bring more wine for us."  He kept on eating his tortellini con "la panna" and drank whatever he had left from his wine.

I took a sip from mine, "So the colosseum was pretty amazing, I didn't expect for it to be that big."  I continued eating my spaghetti as I noticed there were a lot of couples here.  I guess Italy was a hot spot for romance, "I have to ask you something."

Oh no, here's the big question I've been dying to ask him.  Ever since Kyle texted me three hours ago I couldn't even think of anything else but the fact that Ryan could have a wife.

"Sure what is it?"  The waitress had already refilled our wine and I drank the entire thing before asking what I needed to.  " Woah, slow it down there girl."

"Can we grab the check already?" He never spoke about his past life with me and I was worried that if I treaded too close, he could leave.  I didn't want to insult him by asking, but I needed to know before I was too attached to him.

"Okay." He signaled the waitress so he could pay already.  This man never gets nervous, but I could tell that he knew I was hiding something from him.

We took the scooter to the Villa Borghese Gardens, because that was his next place to go on his itinerary.  "Wow, this place is amazing!"  I got off and ran to the nearby bush that had different flowers on them.

"Scarlet, tell me what's bothering you."  That was an order from my marine, so I had to answer.  I've come to learn that when he asks a question, I should probably just get it over with.  It was an understanding in our communication, so it went both ways.

"Did you have a wife?" I blurted it out as I sat down on a bench before we entered the gardens.  "That's what Kyle texted me.  I don't know if he had a background check on your or something, but that's what happened.  And i'm kind of freaking out, because you never told me anything of your past. And..."

"Scarlet, stop." I shut my mouth, because I knew I didn't want to make a scene, especially since I was having a major freakout session.  Especially at a beautiful place like this, I just want to get everything out already.  

Ryan looked at me, placed his hands on my shoulder and kissed me before he was going to tell me the truth, or so I thought.  He sat down next to me, "I can't talk about that right now."
"Okay." I blurted out, almost impulsively.

"Scarlet..." I looked at him with my saddened eyes, "It's not that I don't want to tell you.  It was just a rough relationship and I don't like talking about her."  Her.  So there is someone else.  I knew it, but I didn't want to believe it.

"I don't want to be dating you if there is someone else who rightfully has their claim on you." I angrily answered back.  "I don't want to be second.

 Not to anyone ever again."
"You're never going to be second in my book sweetie, just calm down, and let's enjoy this trip."  He stood up and held his hand out so I can reach out and grab it, "I will tell you when the time is right."