CHAPTER EIGHT

"Seriously, I don't even know why we even try to be spontaneous or romantic, you know we'd be happy staying in a hotel room all day", I laughed when we were back at our room passing the time by.

"Yeah, but I wanted to take you somewhere special", He started playing with my hair, intertwining the strands between his fingers.

I turned my head so I could face his, "Thanks for telling me about your past...I know that musn't have been easy."
I could tell he didn't want to talk about it again, but maybe telling the story more wouldn't help to relieve that stress on him, "It's just her."

"Honestly, what did she do so wrong?" He kept on playing with my hair while we were laying in bed, listening to some cooking show in Italian that was sparking my taste buds again.

"Ira is the worst human being I've ever met", He stood up and put his back against the headboard, "She cheated on me, lied to me, convinced me of even bigger lies...she convinced me that we had a child all along when I was in Afghanistan."
"Why would she say something like that?" I could see the hurt in his eyes, this man was displaying anger that only someone who was really pissed off could.

"We met in high school, everything didn't feel right, but we continued the relationship.  On and off, we eventually decided we could stay with each other and got married about two years later.  

When I deployed, she couldn't handle the loneliness and convinced me that I shouldn't have done this to her, that it was my fault why she couldn't have a great life."
"You know that's not true Ryan, she was just saying it to hurt you." I placed my hands onto his, showing him that I was here for him.

He let out a big sigh and continued his story about Ira, "Like I told you yesterday, she wrote to me saying she was pregnant three months after I left; although our relationship was poison, I wanted to stay there for my child.  Her letters seemed to get cryptic every time, that's when I got the divorce papers in the mail."

"Do you know where she is now?"
"I don't care about her, she's stupid.  I tried having relationships after her and she would come and destroy them one by one."
I started getting a little nervous, "You think she's going to try to destroy us too?"

"Oh, I know she's going to whether contact me or randomly meet you someplace and try to convince you of lies.  Whatever she says, don't ever believe it."
This could be taken part of a movie, this woman was willing to go that far to be with Ryan?  Then why would she be so mean while they were married?

"Do you still love her?"
"I hate her, you don't have to worry about me ever wanting to be with her Scarlet." He kissed my forehead, "You're the only one for me."
"Love you", I smiled at him, while he repeated the same words back to me.

"So where would you like to go next on our spontaneous travels?"
"What do you mean dork?" I laughed, as I cuddled next to him.

He turned on his side to face me, "Well...we're in Italy...you think you're up for another country?"
"Another one?" My eyes were twinkling with excitement, "You have to be kidding."

"I don't have a lot of time, so I want to visit all the places I can before I go back." Wow, I don't think I've even realized that Ryan would have to be leaving soon.  I don't want him to go.

"Do you even know any other languages?" 
"I don't need to know, I know body languages." I could tell he was getting closer to me, slowly rubbing his hands all over my body.