33

Above image: before and after he met Akaza :') (at least my interpretation- you all can have your own idea of what demon rengoku looks like ^^)

Daily fun fact about cats: In Japan, the unlucky cat color is gray or orange, not black! Black cats are seen as lucky or signs of good fortune!

———————
timecheck: roughly 3pm
suncheck: not safe, high in the sky with very small, if any, shadows

Daki pulled her obi back in, the fabric once again merging with her body as her hair turned white. Ugly brats.. how'd that demon escape? I felt like I was burning for a second there- Uppermoon Six glared at the tightly shuttered windows on one side of her room. If it weren't daytime, I'd go deal with the hashira myself.

She turned back to the floor, eyes focused on nothing in the suffocating darkness. The master will be so pleased when I kill that hashira! And Douma should be here tonight to collect that pesky fire demon. It doesn't matter if I can contain him or not; a more powerful kizuki can deal with him easily. I just have to make sure he doesn't leave the district.

Sighing, Daki began fixing her hair. There wasn't much she could do when her movements were restricted to the shadows.

Onii-channn..

"What."

There's a hashira!

"You've been thinking about nothing but that for the past ten minutes. I'm ready to come out and kill it if you get cornered."

I won't!!

"Yes you will. You always do."

Daki huffed in annoyance, deciding to just ignore her brother.

"Temperamental and childish.. like usual."

Gyutaro fell silent again after saying that, leaving his sister to simmer in her own pool of anger. She'd cool down eventually, he knew.

———————

Letting out one last guttural growl, the flames leapt into Rengoku's katana, the fire swirling around it for a moment before dissipating completely. A faint red glow surrounded the metal, heat radiating from it. As Rengoku slid the sword into its sheath, the blade cooled slightly to allow it to sit there without burning through the sheath. It'll be interesting to see what else I can do with my blood demon art! Throwing a few ideas around in his head, Rengoku turned to Zenitsu. Is he asleep? Strange!

"Kyojuro, we're going to keep looking for the demon's main body, okay? You stay here until the sun goes down," Uzui instructed.

Rengoku hesitated before reluctantly agreeing. He was of no use during the day. So he nodded, staying tucked into the shadows.

Uzui smiled reassuringly at the flame pillar before helping his wives out of the cavern. The thunder user was able to jump out on his own, chasing after the three.

Watching them leave, Rengoku inhaled as his stomach rumbled angrily.

———————
timecheck: 7pm (sunset!)
suncheck: safer than before, but still dangerous in some open areas.

Hunger was a powerful thing. It was the driving force behind the urge to eat, to fill the stomach with food. Something Rengoku was not permitted to do. Sure, he could eat normal food without issue, a feat most demons couldn't achieve, but it never cured his hunger.

Rengoku's stomach hurt, a dull ache that plagued him as he moved around. It'd been growling more often, as if yelling at him to go get something to eat. He'd been doing his best to ignore it, telling himself that he'd buy some sweet potatoes when they were done with this mission. But his more demonic side wasn't convinced. He remained starving even after he leapt out of the cavern, wincing at the slight pain of the fading sunlight. As he ran down the street, searching for Uzui and Kamado's little squad, he had to consciously focus on anything but the few people still outside. He could feel the hungry warmth of his katana through his pant leg, the flames inside it growing in anticipation for when the demon might snap.