11

Eun-Kyung was hanging out with Mei and Olivia once again at Mei's house, the three girls lazing around in the chinese girls bedroom on their phones quietly, obviously conversing with each other here and there.

Eun-Kyung told her two close friends about everything that happened the day and night prier to the present. A huge smile on her face the entire time. Olivia and Mei felt happy for the girl for making new friends, knowing how shy she can be. It was like watching your child grow up during the years, learning new things throughout their life. That's what it felt like for them to watch their friend create new relationships with other people.

Mei would wonder sometimes what would happen if the girl never accidentally texted Mark's number a few months ago. Would the two still have met each other in another way or would they never have met at all?

Olivia and Mei would smile whenever their friend brings up the topic of Mark. Eun-Kyung may not know it, but she met her soulmate. Platonic or not, he was and will always be her soulmate. They found each other. Maybe not in the best way, but they guess that doesn't really matter.

"I feel like a proud mom." Olivia fake crys, rubbing her eyes like she was trying to wipe her tears. Her actions gained her a laugh from Mei and a punch from Eun-Kyung.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and the two girls look at Mei, wondering if it was Mei's mom or her brother, knowing that both were home. Mei only shrugged her shoulders before getting up to answer.

Standing there was her older brother Wei, "What do you want?" She asked annoyed, crossing her arms with sass.

Her brother rolled his eyes and response to his younger sister and dryly said, "Mom made lunch for you guys. You can starve if you want, just don't blame me." Before walking away to head back downstairs to also have the lunch that was prepared by the siblings mother.

Olivia rubbed her stomach in circle motions, "I'm starving and your moms food is to die for anyways. Let's go." She said, getting up from the bed to go downstairs like she lived there.

Mei rolled her eyes, but not in a annoyed way like she did with her brother but in a playful way instead. Eun-Kyung inserted herself in the conversation by saying, "Same here. Come on and let's go eat." She pulled Mei's arm, Mei purposely letting the older girl drag her downstairs.

"So, Olivia and Eun-Kyung? Do you guys have a boyfriend? Seeing anyone?" She asked. The two girls were like daughters to her and to say she wasn't involved in their lives would be an understatement. The woman basically treated them like family.

"Unfortunately no." Olivia sighed with a pout, gaining a chuckle from the older woman, "But Eun-Kyung has though." She said playfully, though the woman didn't quite catch onto that unfortunately causing Mei to punch the girl harshly, making her wince while on the other side of the Olivia, Eun-Kyung glared at the said girl who could only put her hands together as an apology.

"Really? What is he like? Is he nice? How did you guys meet? How old is he? What's his name? Do I know him? How long have you guys known each other?" Questions were asked after questions, making it hard for Eun-Kyung to catch up with what the older woman was saying.

Taking a deep breath in and a deep breath out, Eun-Kyung interrupted her, speaking up by saying, "He isn't my boyfriend and i'm not seeing him either, Olivia was just playing around, sorry Mrs. Zhang. Also, he's a nice dude although he can be a little awkward at times. And no, you don't know him. We met on accident after I accidently texted a wrong number, and we shortly became friends after. We've known each other for a few months now I think. He's two years older than me." She answered all of Mrs. Zhangs questions to the best of her ability.

Mrs. Zhang felt disappointed a little, but she knew that she obviously had no control over the young girls love life, so she let it be by just patting her head with a smile, leaving the younger girl a little confused but shrugged it off knowing that the elder woman was usually affectionate to her and Olivia anyways.

The whole entire time Wei was listening to the girls talk, sitting down and eating his lunch quietly until his mom mentioned his name, "Wei still has no girlfriend, I'm getting old and it won't be long until I die with no grandchildren to care for." She exaggerated, placing her palm on her forehead.

Wei groaned, "I don't have time for girls." He told his mother.

"Well you certainly have time for Jun-Seo." She teased him with a grin, Wei glaring and punching his sister, the action causing the two siblings to bicker infront of their friends and mom.

Her mom yelled at the two in chinese, fortunately for Olivia and Eun-Kyung they did not have the ability to speak or understand chinese so they didn't have to listen to what Mrs. Zhang had yelled to her two children, and they were quite glad for that knowing how scary the woman can be when she's mad.

The siblings immediately went quiet after hearing their mother yell at them. Still glaring at each other secretly without their mother knowing.

Unfortunately, the two girls had to leave because it was getting late, "You two girls can stay over for the night, you know I won't mind."

"We can't, even if we want to. We have university tomorrow." Olivia told the woman, hugging her.

"Plus we've already been here for long enough, we shouldn't disrupt your time with your family any longer." Eun-Kyung added on, also hugging the older woman after Olivia.

The woman could only smiling, hugging both girls back. Once they two said their goodbyes, Mrs. Zhang went back inside her house.

The two girls walked in silence, a comforting silence. The two were lucky to know such an amazing woman who would look out for them, especially when their family can't. Eun-Kyung because her family is too far away and Olivia because her family just doesn't care, but that's a story for another time.

Waving Olivia bye before going their separate ways, the whole time Eun-Kyung walked back to her apartment by herself in silence, all she could think about were the two words 'Boyfriend.' and 'Mark.' In a way, it's not that she couldn't see Mark as a boyfriend, or that she couldn't see her in Mark in a relationship, she just wonders if Mark sees the same thing, but with her instead.

:)

:)