[26] Trust Issues

X

I should go get Justine back, then again I shouldn't. I want to, but it's for the best to leave her there.

What the fuck am I talking about? She's probably suffering and it's all because of me.

I groan loudly and turn over in my bed, I can't sleep. I've been thinking of all the things possible that Isaiah did to her. It actually pisses me off to think of him touching her that way. I stare at my ceiling in the darkness and my ringtone breaks the silence. I reach over and grab my phone, answering it.

"Hello?" I breathe out and a deep voice echoed through the line.

"Why hello X... or should I say Jahseh?" I sit up straight and growl lowly. Only one person calls me by my real name.

Guy.

"What the fuck do you want, Guy?" I scrunch my face up in anger and he sighs.

"Oh, I thought you just like to know how Miss. Justine here. She's not doing so good right now..." He chuckles lowly and my chest tightens hearing the information on Justine.

"She has nothing to do with anything, now why the fuck are you calling me?" I grip the phone tighter and he sighs.

"You're wrong, she has everything to do with it. In fact, how about we make a little deal. You do something for me and I'll do something for you?" I can sense his smirk over the phone and I frown.

"What deal? Last time I checked you're trying to set me and my bros up." I scoff and he sighs.

"Oh, lets say I need you to take someone out for me. You do that and I will give you back Justine, I know you want her back Jahseh. She's going through it over here. She's beaten, bruised and bloody-"

"How the fuck do you know? I gave her to Theo's group!" I scowl, throwing my comforter off me, waiting for his response.

"Come on now Jahseh, I know you're not stupid. Me and Theo have... connections. I'm sure you understand why. I pay little visits to Justine and she doesn't look as good as the first day she arrived here." He laughs like he just told a good joke and suddenly stops. I hear splashing and small whimpers in the background. I flex my jaw and Guys sighs.

"Well... I have some business to attend to. You think over our deal. You know how to reach me... Jahseh." He says my name curtly before hanging up. I scowl at my screen.

Any deal with Guy is like walking into my grave.

Guy wants me dead just as much as I want him dead. For what reason? I have no damn idea.

I toss my phone beside me and grab onto my hair. The information he told me about Justine, I don't want to believe it, but how can I not?

My dream from yesterday night, my mom telling me to fix things with her and Justine collapsing and looking broken, beaten and bruised. I think that's what Isaiah has done to her possibly raped her too when she was left alone with him, and Guy for some reason is hanging around her... probably to get to me.

He knows you already have strong feelings for her, that you love her.

I frown at my subconscious thoughts, but I don't argue. For once I'm just going to admit the fact that it's right. I do love Justine and it's possible that Guy now knows that. My breathing picks up and I slightly panic. If he knows that, then he knows her dying would destroy me and he could take me down easier. But if he knows that, why is he talking to her and why is he keeping her alive?

I should've never gave her away.

I jump up and throw my room door open, going to Stokeley's room. I push open his door and walk in, nudging him with my foot. He jumps up and scrambles to his feet sleepily.