Return to Hogwarts - Part 1

Trigger warning:
This chapter does contain some triggering information, please be mindful if you have experienced anything traumatic when reading this book. This book if for mature audiences and i do not advise you to read it if you are still recovering from something traumatic. Please take care of yourself and i am so sorry for anyone who has experienced anything discussed within this book.
But please remember, the themes in this book are not written as a joke they are completely serious topics that should be handled with care, and that is what i aim to do. I wish you all the best and i hope,if you have been brave enough to read on, you enjoy the book.

———————————————————————————————
Kings Cross Station, Platform
9&3/4, 10:56am on Thursday 1st September 1994

"There she is!" Draco's voice announced as he slid open the compartment door. Katie Rose was sitting in the compartment, knees up on the seat reading intensely. Upon his announcement she closed her book, looking up at her group of friends who were piling into the compartment for the ride to Hogwarts.

"Katie!" Pansy and Lorenzo screamed out in unison. Non of the group had seen Katie over summer and when they contacted her family to find out why all they received was vague answers explaining how she needed space and time this summer. Non of them knew the real reason Katie had been hiding all summer.
As Blaise closed the compartment door Pansy lunged at Katie pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Katie! I have missed you so much! You have no idea how dull it gets without you! Where have you been? Why haven't we heard from you all summer?" Pansy rambled on as Katie hugged her back feeling happy to finally be reunited with her friends.

"I've missed you too Pansy, i've missed all of you so much. How was your summer? What did you guys do?" Katie asked slowly pulling away from Pansy, both of them sitting down once again.

"We spent the traditional week at the manor mid-summer, tons of quidditch practice that wont come in handy at all this year, and we spent a usual amount of time in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley" Blaise shrugged as he leaned back in his seat.

Draco sat quietly, observing
Katie, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to read her expressions and hear every single note in her voice. She'd never disappeared like this since the moment he'd met her in first year, however this summer nobody heard a word from her. It was strange, and it made him unsettled. All he received was a vague letter from one of her older brothers which didn't settle his nerves at all. What had happened to her?

"Earth to Malfoy"
Draco was shaken from his thoughts as Theo begun snapping fingers in front of his face. He realised now that Katie was staring right back at him, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Right, sorry. Distracted. What did you say?" Draco asked trying not to draw attention to the situation

"Tell us more about whats happening this year at Hogwarts" Theo asked, he was leaning forward on his knees looking between the others and Draco.

"Father said it's an event called the triwizard tournament, hasn't taken place in hundreds of years and it includes..." As Draco went on, explaining everything his father had told him about the event, Katie couldn't help but wonder why he had been staring at her. She had a hunch it was to do with why she wasn't speaking to anyone over summer but non of the others were acting that way. They had all just moved on, Draco however had been staring at her with this confused yet suspicious look on his face. It made Katie uneasy, she didn't want any of the boys to know the real reason she hadn't spoken to them. They'd flip out if they did, she knew that for a fact. Her boys were crazy.

Soon, the compartment became engulfed in talk about the Triwizard tournament, an event like no other. Everyone was so excited to see the other schools and see who Hogwarts Champion would be. It would be incredible for Hogwarts if they won.