Champion Selection- Part 5

Sunday 4th September, Slytherin Common Room, 11:43am

"No! Not her!" Draco shouted as he pointed at Theo.

"It wasn't our choice mate" Blaise told him as he leaned back on one of the sofas with Lorenzo.

"You think i would have made her do it? No way mate!" Theo shouted back at him. Draco's chest was rising and falling rapidly, he ran a hand through his hair causing it to raggedly fall across his face. He was so angry, this had to be a joke. Katie would never put her name in the Goblet. She had been talking about how much she disliked the tournament from the second it was announced.

"I'm sure it's not real. We know her, she wouldn't do this. I mean she's smarter than this, she wouldn't risk her life like this" Lorenzo rambled as he dropped his head into his hands. He was panicking, he had no idea what would possess Katie to do this.

The boys had been sat in the common room for the past half an hour, unable to understand what they had been told. They thought if Katie was considering the tournament, they would know. But from all she'd said it was a good indicator that she wasn't interested. The champion selection was this afternoon and the boys were dreading what would happen if Katie was chosen.

"Why all the sad faces all of a sudden?" A soft voice asked from behind them. All the boys turned to the entrance to the common room and saw Katie had just entered. She made her way over to them, standing between Draco and Theo.
"Whats going on?" She asked more seriously upon seeing the looks on their faces.

"We were just wondering, why you put your name in the Goblet?" Mattheo asked slowly looking up at her. His eyes were dead, his jaw stiff. These were the first words he'd spoken since finding out.

"What? What are you talking about?" Katie asked them, she laughed slightly. Non of the boys laughed however, Katie's face dropped.
"What are you talking about? I didn't put my name in the Goblet. Unless you're talking about a different one in which case i still didn't"

"We got told that you had put your name in. We couldn't believe it. We thought you would have told us" Blaise told her. Draco huffed as Theo scoffed.

"I would have told you, if i had done it. But i didn't. I didn't put my name in the Goblet. I've been with Pansy all day since we left breakfast" Katie told them all in shock. She looked between them all. "I don't like the idea of the tournament, why would i apply?"

"She didn't put her name in. That settles it. She says she didn't, and there would be no point lying since the selection is tonight. She didn't put her name in. Everything's okay" Lorenzo said as he got up and pulled Katie into a hug. He held her tight, taking a deep breath.
"We were so worried about you" He murmured

"No. Everything is not okay" Blaise announced "Why would someone tell us she put her name in if she didn't?"

"Cause people think it's funny to fuck with our group" Theo scoffed

"Well who cares anymore? It wasn't true, she's safe and she didn't apply. So drop your snarky attitudes for five minutes and be grateful. This is not the time for some stupid revenge fight" Lorenzo snapped at them, they were all taken aback. Lorenzo rarely snapped or shouted, he was holding Katie close as if his life depended on it.

"Enzo, it's okay" Katie told him, she pulled her head away and looked him in the eyes. "I'm okay yes, but you guys still deserve to know why someone has told you that" she rubbed his arms with her hands before pulling away from his hug.
"Guys we'll figure it out, i swear, but i can't if you're all freaked out"

Theo and Mattheo both nodded whilst Blaise murmured in agreement. Draco hadn't spoken a word since Katie arrived. He was staring at her, his eyes were frantic and welled. Theo nudged him slightly, but he barely moved. Theo grabbed Draco's shoulder and turned him.
"Mate, she's safe. You need to take a breath" Theo whispered to him, Draco tore his eyes away from Katie to look at Theo. He nodded. Draco took a couple deep breaths, after which Theo patted him on the back before walking closer to the others.