The first weekend - part 4

Saturday 3rd September 1994 - Slytherin Common Room 7:26am

"Good morning" Lorenzo said as Blaise came down the dorm room stairs. Lorenzo had been sitting on the common room sofa since 7am. He had passed the time by reading a book about mystical curses. He was wearing blue jeans with an oversized white t-shirt that had the graphic of the Irish quidditch team. He was wearing a pair of green converse shoes with his jacket swung over the back of the sofa.
Blaise however was dressed head to toe in all black, he wore black trousers with a solid black t-shirt, accessorised with a sliver necklace with a cross hanging directly in the centre.

"Morning. How long you been up?" Blaise asked as he slumped down next to Lorenzo on the sofa.

"Woke up at 6:30, was down here by 7, just been reading" Lorenzo shrugged as he closed his book and dropped it onto the coffee table in front of him.

"What about the others?" Blaise asked

"Haven't seen anyone else. They'll be down soon i bet" Lorenzo replied as he checked his watch. 7:29am
As if on cue, Draco and Theo came slugging down the stairs into the common room. Draco dramatically threw himself onto the sofa opposite whilst Theo stood behind it.

"I will never understand why we have to be awake so early on the weekend" Draco whined as he buried his head into a cushion on the sofa.

"You could have stayed in bed, only you would have had no breakfast" Blaise told him, causing Draco to shoot him a annoyed look.

The boys waited in the common room, talking quietly as other students began to leave for breakfast. Draco began to get restless waiting, which caused Blaise to throw him a random breakfast bar he had in his pocket.

Mattheo came downstairs a few moments later, he went straight over to the boys.
"Girls are running late, they said to go ahead without them" He shrugged and began walking towards the portrait hole. The others looked between each other before getting up and following behind him, non faster than Draco.

"Why are they running late? Clothes or hair?" Theo asked smirking as he walked up the dungeon stairs with his hands in his pocket.

"Pansy didn't really say, all i know is she was in Katie's dorm and i didn't see Katie" Mattheo shrugged

"Wait, you didn't check?" Lorenzo asked, stopping in front of all of them in the corridor. "What if somethings wrong?"

"Nothings wrong. Pansy was acting normally and they'll be just a few minutes behind us" Mattheo told him, nudging forward to keep walking.

"But they never make us go to breakfast without them" Lorenzo challenged. He was walking slower than the other, looking at Mattheo with suspicion

"Well, theres always a first time. Plus we need to get the seats" Mattheo said casually as they reached the hall directly opposite the Great Hall. Lorenzo looked behind them at the mix of Slytherin and Hufflepuff students all heading for breakfast before entering the Great Hall.

The boys all walked over to the Slytherin table and grabbed their usual seats, Draco looked around at all the food before asking everyone what they wanted. Blaise instantly went for some cereal whilst Draco was deciding between fried and scrambled egg. Mattheo and Lorenzo began looking through the jams for their toast whilst Theo began creating his own English breakfast on his plate.
Soon the boys had forgotten about what Lorenzo had been saying and became immersed in conversation about their breakfasts and the weekend.

———————————————————————————————
Katie's dorm room - 7:45am

"Why didn't you tell him?" Pansy asked as she continued to brush her hair in front of Katie's vanity mirror.