9: I am unaware

Lee Ju-Hee closed her eyes, a sphere of magic created in front of her. She could feel the wave of her power surging through her body, the mana turning a bright green. Her feet on the other hand trembled. There was a stone deep inside her stomach weighing her down. She couldn't breathe anymore.

That smile .

Lee Ju-Hee moved away from the golem when it began to roar. It wasn't directed at her, or at any one of the healers brought here. Those statues. Her breath hitched. Those statues. She backed another step. She opened her eyes. The damage of the golem was still nowhere to be seen. Ju-Hee unconsciously retreated once more.

"That's enough." All of the sudden, a hand stopped her from behind. Ju-Hee looked around to see her brother's somewhat dull expression while he was cleaned entirely despite coming back from fighting 40 or so minions on his own. The eyes glared right back to the golem that kept attacking everywhere nearby. The floor had already shattered as I'd it was made of glass. The nearby civilians that lived here had evacuated. The solemn hunters fought as a group of interested viewers, simple humans , watched behind the army's crossing line.

He turned to Ju-Hee. "Don't overuse your mana healing all of a person's wounds." Then brought her closer to the battlefield even as Ju-Hee was dragging her feet and looking down at the ground instead of the fight. "If you aren't close enough to the dealers, your mana will run out even faster."

"Yes Oppaya I know but aren't we getting too clo- watch out!" In a second, a sudden crack was heard that made her eyes snap back to the front of the battle. Ju-Hee quickly embraced her brother, he fought back against the attack that came straight to him.

Debri collapsed onto them. He extended one of the wings to cover them while the rest of the fighters remained with a few scratched injuries over the attack. It directly, unfortunately, tried to attack them of all people.

Ju-Hee only opened her eyes again when he nudged her to do so. One blue eye ready to tear up as she looked up towards the red bright scales. Her other eye stepped out from hiding under her brother's embrace. As they focused their sight on the fight again, he patted the light ginger hair. Weak as she is, a sacrifice is a commendable act of loyalty to be done for a dragon. It's an act of trust between commanders and their kings. Between elders and the newts. He smiled back at her, without even knowing what she did was purely a natural act, although it would take years for a dragon to even get to that level of kindness in the first place.

After the shock of the attack, the hunters all looked back to the place where the rock had shattered.

"Eh? The S rank is back?"

"Does that mean all the other magic beasts have been killed by him already?"

Even the public across them had begun its gossip and finger clicking on as many photos as they could.

"Wait, wasn't he a healer?"

"How was he able to destroy all the magic beasts around him?"

"He probably buffed himself."

"Nuh uh, didn't you know even S rank Min Byung-Gyu has the strength of an A rank all on his own?"

"So why is he just watching there?"

"Did he just get here?"

"Can't he kill the beast right now?"

[Buffing up Hunter's stats]

The C ranked suddenly felt all of his mana surge back again even though he knew his body was ready to kick the bucket. In just a moment, all of his power was replaced with a stronger force, his body burned excitedly as he noticed a new found strength within his muscles. With a shaking hand, the tanker pushed back the Golem as it stumbled to the ground from simply being slapped away.