14: I am Devi Salonga

For a moment, the air feels dry. Like the premonition of bad weather, it seems to be filled with an eruption of mana. Go Gun-Hee looks to the side where his agent is. Woo Jin-Chul seems to have not caught it, but he doesn't doubt that the A rank would have such dull senses.

He isn't wrong, Jin-Chul suddenly stiffens and dreaded white begins to color his face. "I think," Gun-Hee starts as he looks again off into the distance of his windows. "An International S rank came."

________________

"You can assure me that this will be safe?"

"There will be no problems regarding the safety of the hunters. Hunter Lee Kang-Dae, please rest assured that we can carry off this work with ease."

"It's fine oppa. We have Mr Song and a B ranker as well."

"It won't be dangerous."

"I'll protect her ahjussi."

Two heads are falling to the floor, the silvery wings and tentacles of each apostle disintegrating with the wind. Earth and fire alike enveloped around the angelic figures. All of them, all of the fancy spectacles of their bodies appearing as tall as skyscrapers and their wings enveloping the mountains themselves is... fucking irritating.

"A mere show of power behind such fragile vessels."

"Like the feathers of a peacock."

Kang-Dae looks back at her, "What does a bird have anything to do with this?"

Queresha would have laughed and teased at the opportunity if it had been any other monarch who said that. "It's nothing." She just smiles instead. She bows a bit, showing her grace and respect to an entity that hasn't played in the front lines for the past, hmm, maybe 50 or so timelines that they've gone through with the Rulers.

"I see you finally found a vessel for your mighty self, Dragon Emperor." And one that is just as good-looking as him when he was young, interesting , very much so. It is not widely known information across the universe, but dragonfolk, Berserk Dragons or dragons that have cultivated to a certain extent, do have more than just one form which they can use from time to time. Of course they only show it when conserving their energy or when they are surrounded by others who can protect them. Queresha has seen them before they became Monarchs. It's one of those few lucky memories she has.

Because unlike bugs here, this one remembers it all.

A shadow of the past seems to cross her mind. A youth who had just started to accept the power he had been chosen for. One whose irises were deep red, black pupils from the fragment of darkness violently taking control, his hair bloody as the wildfires he started in Paradise. He may lack the blood from the past, and the sharp teeth that wanted to tear through the bones of the Rulers, but for a mere second— as one of the Apostles threatened to break the dimension of this world— she had felt that same bloodlust come back.

"Queresha." She blinked, again faced with those dull eyes. "Where are the rest?"

"The Beast Monarch is in Italy, the Iron Monarch is in Argentina right now, the Frost Monarch is in Ugan..." Queresha looked at him again, a finger snapped in her head as she realized. "Right. You don't know about these places, uh–"

"I know."

"Oh. Alright."

"Keep going."

She did, a bit surprised that he knew anything about this world at all. Apart from maybe the basics. It only makes her question even more. How long has he been here? Is there a reason why they knew nothing of him until now? "Right. The Frost Monarch is in Uganda. As for the Transfiguration Monarch and the Monarch of Beginning, We have no concrete proof of where they could be. However the last message we got from the Monarch of Beginning tells us that he might have been caught by one of the Rulers."