six

I opened my eyes, yawning. The sun was shining through my room. I loved my home. I jumped out of bed and ate my breakfast quickly. Alastor came in with the post.

"A letter for you, Fel." He murmured, handing me a rather fancy letter. I opened it quicker than lightning.

My dearest Felicity,

It's me, Eric. I am writing to you this morning to tell you some things.

I would like to start by saying that I am incredibly sorry if my actions last night were indecent. I want you to know that I would never endanger you're purity, ever.

I would also like to add a request. It would be my greatest pleasure if you could come meet me at my home around lunchtime. Do not go through the hassle of dressing up, just come as you are.

I hope you enjoy reading this,

all my wishes,

Eric

I held the note close to me and skipped into my room. I pulled my corsets and a violet, frilled dress over me. I left my room to get my hairbrush.

"My my! Where are you going?" Mama asked.

"Eric asked me up to his house!"

"You meant the palace? You're not going like that!" Mama scoffed.

"No, Mama, he told me not to dress up. Just come as I am. I know what I'm doing. Now, I must be going, I love you." I said, hugging her and running out the door.

Lifting my dress up, I ran across the beach and into town. I made it to the castle within the last chime of the mid morning bell.

My hands shook and my breath quivered at the massive doors. I knocked three times and was greeted by footmen. They knew who I was and I followed them.

"Felicity, what a nice surprise!" Grimsley said, after I was escorted to a garden. 

"Hello! Is Eric there?"

"Yknow, you're the only one who calls him by his name." Grimsley said, smiling at me. I blushed.

"This garden is gorgeous!"

"Not as gorgeous as that dress!" He said back.

"Thanks. I made it myself. Took me a while, but here we are..." I said, feeling the fabric of my skirt. Grimsley hummer in responce.

"The Prin- Eric is having breakfast with his mother, Lady Cecille. Good luck." Grimsley said, going off to call Eric. Good luck? Whatever for??

Eric sooner arrived, alone.

"My god, you look amazing. But, I haven't told my mother about you yet, so could you please sit here a moment longer?" I nodded. He sighed and ran back to his mother's call.

I sat at the fancy table, seeing all the cutlery and fancy tea sets.

        ....

"Mother, I have something to tell you..." Eric began.

"Does it involve marriage?"

"Possibly." He seen his mother's face light up.

'Go on then, my dear boy." He felt stung, she only called him that when she was proud.

"Is she a foreign princess? Is it Princess Alya?"

"...no. No. She's not foreign...." Eric was struggling.

"Then who else could it be?!" His mother was confused.

"She's from here. You know Alastor Callora?"

"No. Do not tell me you're talking about his child sister?!" His mother turned her nose up at him.

"Would it kill you if I said yes?"

"Eric! I want you marrying someone for popularity! I don't want you marrying a middle class servant girl!"

Eric got suddenly angry at this. He swallowed his pride.

"Will you just come and have tea with her? Give her one chance...please?" Eric begged, his mother seemed to give in by rolling her eyes and strutting out to the garden.

Seeing her there, with all her beauty and kind features, made something wrench in Lady Cecille. Lady Cecille knew that she was his perfect match and it killed her inside.

"Good morning, I am Lady Cecille. Who are you?"

"I am Felicity Callora, sister of Alastor and daughter of Albert Callora." The girl answered. Even the way her rosy cheeks lit up in the sun made her insides curl up.

"Albert? The old servant?"

"Yes. Although he wasn't that old, unfortunately." She seen sadness fill those eyes of hers. Eric sat between the two girls.