7

Hearing the words 'treat you' and 'food' in the same sentence had gotten Sky immediately excited, so even if Rain had aimed to decline Phayus offer of free food, he wouldn't have had the chance to as about two and a half seconds later he was being dragged out the door by his best friend who had gone from a state of impenetrable concentration to a level of hangry that Rain had never seen before. Sky was an easily irritable type of guy, but when it came to him being hungry, there was no amount of begging that could grant even a Saint mercy from his wrath. That is, of course, unless someone offered to buy him food before he could say anything else. In that case, he was instantly Ina good mood again and could be, depending on the menu to be consumed, seen skipping a few steps at a time meanwhile Rain found himself in the position his friend was usually in; tagging behind quietly as the other managed to get themselves into some form of mischief, mingling, or just a total mess.

"He doesn't usually act like this, like a kid. It's nice to see again" Rain hummed softly, the genuine warmth of contentment in his voice as he spoke with his eyes still focused on his friend skipping a dozen or so paces in front of them. "He's seemed somewhat depressed all summer... Though I guess it's because of the breakup. It's good to see him lighten up more. I've missed his smile"

Phayu didn't think to say anything, nor did he really want to. No matter what opinions he might have about this or even just innocent curiosity, he wasn't going to pry. If it was something personal like a messy breakup, Rain was in no place to tell someone else about it as if it were a hot piece of gossip. Instead, Phayu settled quite happily on listening to what Rain had to say and let him express whatever it wad he felt without having to fear being judged. He could tell just by the look in Rains eye - just by the hint of worry under an Armour of happiness. Phayu had only seen it once before, and when he had, it had put someone close to him in the hospital. He never thought that self harm or depression would be a factor in his life, and in a way he was right, but witnessing it. Watching as someone he cared for was torn apart by their own mind was close to torture. Helplessness and confusion is all he could remember from that time, but luckily things ended up alright in the end. That wasn't something he wanted Rain to go through, and while he didn't know the extent of Sky's state, he didn't want to risk pushing it.

"I can't imagine someone like you feeling helpless. You're handsome, you're successful, you're talented, you come from a rich family... You're what everyone wishes to be as an adult" Rain chuckled, not meaning to sound self depracating in any way but rather in an almost subconscious state of praise, not realizing that his thoughts were being spoken and directly contradicting what had been going through Phayus mind just seconds prior. "Definately handsome..."

Phayu couldn't help but smile to himself hearing Rain babble so absent-mindedly. This cutie was definitely going to be his... He was determined now. There was still much to learn and do and say, but that would all come with time. Recognizing attraction was something Phayu was good at, and he didn't bother to think on  the what ifs before he tried.

"What are you going to order? Sum Nam Dan has really good pork belly, it's my favorite, and Ai'Sky likes the egg fried rice with shrimp" Rain asked, still not realizing that he'd spoken his thoughts out loud; a fact that Phayu was definitely going to keep in his back pocket to tease him over later.

"I'm not sure. I'll just order the same as you. I trust you have good taste" the older commented slyly, humouring himself more than anything as they found a seat at a bench outside under the trellis of the restaurant and made themselves comfortable.

"Its getting dark already" Rain pointed out, looking up through the ebony beams at the evening sky. Warm orange and pink hues bled through the sky from the sunset up to the deep blue navy that carried sprinkles of light glowing so dim they were barely visible between the smog of light pollution radiating from the city. Rain had always heard stories of how bright the stars would get in Lopburi from an ever boasting Sky who knew just how much his friend longed to see it for himself. All the planets, millions of miles away but still shining with the light of their sun.

"Speaking of... have you ever spoken to Moon again?" Sky asked, getting phayus attention rather quickly.

"No... I doubt she'd ever want to see me again. I don't think she'll change her mind in this life, but maybe one day she'll come around." Rain shook his head quickly to change the conversation. "Nevermind that. Besides, it's rude to exclude yoru elders from conversation"

Phayu smiled to himself, looking down at his hands for a second before looking back up at Rains face to admire his beauty. "I'm glad just to see your face"