17

Perhaps the ignorant state of numbing bliss that love cast upon Phayu was what drew him into such a state, but now, staring at his ceiling restlessly so deep in the night, it felt he'd sooner feel his skin burn off of his bones before he got to experience any kind of relief, be it physical or mental. On one hand, Phayu wanted nothing more than for his and Rains first time sharing a bed to be entirely based in love and desire, but now as he sat thinking about it, he knew that wouldn't be true. As painful as it was to admit even to himself, Phayu knew he wanted to sleep with Rain for another reason too. To mark him. To possess his body so he could ensure no one else could take it for themselves.

His veins boiled thinking about anyone at all daring to lay a forceful hand on Rain.. But knowing all to well Ai'Stop was not above doing such a thing himself for the sole purpose of revenge if not his own interest in the boy... it frightened him. Rain had been hurt. He'd been beaten. If any other kind of harm where to be inflicted onto a body and soul as precious as he was to Phayu... there was no telling what he might do. Then again, Rain was the type of person who might struggle with saying no if it came to his close loved ones, so he dared not ask for permission. When Rain was ready and willing, he'd say so himself.

What was he thinking- they'd only just gotten together. It might take weeks or months or years for Rain to be ready, and there was no point in worrying about it now as they were to enjoy their puppy love as long as it was to last. Even so, Phayu couldn't sleep a wink. The way Ai'Stop had looked at Rain at the bar... the way Phayu knew how slippery that bastards hands got... it was disgusting. It made him sick to his stomach and enraged beyond all belief. How he'd dared to harass a girl just barely eighteen. If it hadn't been within earshot, God knows what that sick fuck would have done to her.

Phayu could still see her face so clearly; cheeks stained with tears and trembling with her entire body. Slim wrists bruised and her eyes glassy but a primal fear settling so deep it carved itself into her bones too deep to ever scrub away in the shower. Phayu had only seen the state of her, but it was enough to horrifying him into fearing the worst the second he felt his heart tug to draw someone closer. She was just his underclassnan... a freshman new to the faculty and someone he'd been assigned to take care of. They'd only spoken for a day and their relationship was entirely platonic, yet Stop took it upon himself to ruin her for the rest of her life just to get under his skin. If he would go so far over a friend... what would he do to Rain?

Fearful tears blurring his vision as an expression comprised of concern and concentrated anger, Phayu jumped out of bed, ignoring the numbers in red on his digital alarm clock, he grabbed a sweater, slipped his some shoes, put his helmet on, and God on his motorcycle.
Berated by the hard and cold rain that stung his skin with the force of an icy bite, the engine of his bike revved as he sped through the streets and made his way to Rain as fast as he could. Rushing up into the building with the stumbling of a trio of drunk students, Phayu ran up the stairs and dared not to catch his breath before knocking hastily on the cheap white hollow-core door. He knocked again. And three times more. And when the faint shuffle of movement came from the otherside, Phayus chest tightened with another wave of anxious anticipation. 

The door creaked open and a beadheaded boy, groggy with sleep in his eye and in his pajamas made himself visible through a generous gap in the frame. "Phayu..?"

An audible gasp and sigh of relief accompanied Phayus sudden relaxing of his muscles, letting him fall to slump against the lining of the door. "Phayu?" Rain asked again, but the other didn't answer, his head hanging low for a few seconds before he held the boy to his chest so tight Rain felt he'd never be let go again. "...What happened?"

Rains whisper was soft and warm, and upon seeing Phayus tired, bloodshot eyes, he knew it was nothing of good nature. "Don't... Don't ever let that bastard near you... you hear me? Never. I'll kill him... I'll kill that fucker if he ever touches you."

Phayu didn't have to see Rains face to sense his justified confusion, but the boy stayed silent all the same as Phayu figured he had come up with some reason for him acting this way.

"... Come... Let's go inside"