Ch. 1 A Hero's Beginning Part 1

The day begins with a young man named Y/N. He wakes up in his bed and sits up to stretch and yawn. Y/N puts on a F/C shirt and then heads towards the kitchen where he sees his father, F/N, cooking some eggs and bacon.

Y/N: Morning, Dad.

F/N: Good morning, Y/N.

Y/N: How have you been this morning?

F/N: I've been good. Slept well last night. What about you?

Y/N: Slept like a rock in an abandoned forest.

Y/N stretched as he said this and smiles at F/N

F/N: Interesting word choice. Why abandoned?

Y/N: Cause no one would disturb me. I could just lay down in the quiet for as long as I wanted and never be interrupted.

F/N laughs at this as he continues cooking the eggs.

F/N: Fair enough I guess. You ready for your first day of the school year?

Y/N is just starting his senior year in high school, but his high school life is messy. He isn't in any trouble. He just never interacts with anyone. There are a few people that share a few of the same classes with him, but Y/N never tries to talk to anyone.

Y/N: Yup. But I'm not really excited per say. Just feels boring sometimes.

F/N: That's probably because you never go out with any of your friends. I can't remember the last time you went out.

Y/N raised his eyebrow to show that he was confused.

Y/N: Dad, the last time I had friends was in middle school. You know after my one friend moved away, and then you tried sending me with a group of kids you thought would be a good group for me. But then after I made one mistake, everyone laughed and threw me out.

F/N: Okay, that one was on me, but how was I supposed to know they were all spoiled perfect rick kids.

Y/N: Their parents were snooty and stuck up. The signs were there.

F/N: *sighs* Look, I'm sorry that happened. I admit it was my fault, but you can't let one situation like that hold you back from creating great friendships that could last a lifetime.

Y/N: Well, Dad, I prefer to be alone. At least like this I can never again feel the pain I felt when Melody moved away.

F/N: That is not how you should look at friendship. Just because one pair of friends drifted apart doesn't mean you should never make any friends again.

Y/N: You're one to talk. You never invite any of your friends over here. Heck, I barely even know any of the family.

F/N: That's different. I have my reasons for not being close to my family.

Y/N: What reasons? Mom?

F/N flinches at this question and drops his frying pan. This makes the eggs spill out all over the stovetop. But he doesn't seem to care as he is glaring at Y/N.

F/N: Don't you ever talk like that. Your mother has nothing to do with this.

Y/N: Really? Then why do you keep me away from her?

F/N: *Growls* Because she doesn't care about you or me. She's better off forgotten.

Y/N rolls his eyes and grabs an apple from the fruit bowl.

Y/N: What happened to that talk from before? Wasn't the main message about giving people a chance. This is my mother we're talking about. I may not exactly remember much about her, but I doubt she's as bad as you've described over the years.