Ch. 2 A Hero's Beginning Part 2

~ Previously on Hero's Acceptance. ~

Y/N had been invited to go see his childhood friend, Melody, on her family's vacation, but F/N refused to let him go because of the location, Grouse Lake. When Y/N asked why, F/N refused to answer. Y/N knew he was hiding something, but he couldn't get an answer. F/N just said he couldn't. But Y/N disobeyed him and went with Melody's family anyway.

Now they are arriving at the location Y/N was forbidden to go, and he'll probably figure out why he wasn't supposed to go very soon.

~

Y/N's group arrives at Yosemite National Park. They enter the forest with their destination being deep inside. The Grouse Lake. The further they went in, the sky turned redder, and it kept getting darker. It was starting to get creepy, and Y/N was getting a bad feeling about what the story Madeline had told him earlier, but Caleb realizes that it was just because the sun was going down, which gives Y/N a little ease. After a little more driving, Caleb started to slow down, and he pulled up to a wooden house overlooking a lake. They had arrived at Grouse Lake.

Caleb was the first to get out of the truck, followed by Knight, Y/N, and Maud who was still looking at her phone.

Madeline: I have barely any signal.

Caleb: Yeah, you won't have much signal out here. I'm surprised you have any at all.

Edmund: Well, the whole point of this trip is to get away from the city, so I think it's a good thing.

Y/N: (This way my dad can't call and question me when he finds out I'm gone) Me too.

Piper: This place would be really great for a surprise party!

Caleb: Glad you guys have the right mindset. Everyone else is probably inside. Go ahead and grab your stuff while I head in and let them know were here. Oh, and Y/N, stay out of sight for a moment so Melody doesn't see you.

Y/N: *Nervous gulp* Uhm, s-sure thing.

Piper: I'm coming with you, Caleb! I wanna see Melody too!

Everyone grabs their bags out of the truck. Caleb and Piper go into the house leaving Y/N with Edmund and Madeline. As they were all waiting, Edmund notices how nervous Y/N is.

Edmund: I know that look.

Y/N: W-What?

Edmund: Come on, I know you're nervous. You're seeing a girl you haven't seen in years. Oh course you're nervous.

Y/N: Does it really show?

Edmund couldn't help but chuckle at Y/N's nervous look.

Edmund: Very. But don't worry. Caleb wouldn't have invited you if he wasn't positive Melody wanted to see you.

Y/N: I know, but it doesn't make me any less nervous.

Madeline: Be metamorphic.

This statement confuses both Edmund and Y/N as they just blink in response.

Madeline: A metamorphic rock. You're acting like quartz. Be tough.

Edmund: Why the random rock fact?

Madeline: I wanna be a geologist.

Edmund: Ah, that explains it.

Y/N: Well, being tough hasn't really ever been my forte.

Caleb comes back out of the house to talk to everyone else.

Caleb: Okay, everyone, come on in.