Ch. 7 Ticket Struggles

After Nightmare Moon's defeat and Princess Luna's return, peace returned to Equestria. Princess Luna now continues her princess duties as princess of the night, raising the moon, and watching over the dream world. Meanwhile in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle has been adjusting to her new life as a resident of Ponyville for the foreseeable future. As for the rest of the Mane 6, they have been continuing their lives like they were before.

Y/N on the other hoof has been working on something in secret. Every morning after his first patrol of Ponyville, he goes into the Everfree Forest and works on controlling and getting used to his new strength. When he initially got it, his body was glowing, but now that the glowing was gone, he needs to know how to control it. He would practice by punching trees and rocks with different amounts of force to know what would be appropriate for different situations.

~

It's now been about a month since things went back to normal. As the sun is rising, Applejack is knocking on Y/N's front door to ask a favor.

Applejack: Hey, Y/N? You up yet?

The front door opens, and Applejack sees Y/N who is only half awake as he has only been awake for a few minutes.

Y/N: Hey, Applejack *Yawns* Come on in.

Applejack: Thank ya kindly. I'll only be a minute.

Y/N: Stay as long as you'd like. I don't mind, but I'll be leaving for my morning patrol soon.

Y/N grabs a mug filled with coffee and takes a sip so he can wake up faster.

Y/N: So, what can I do for you?

Applejack: I'm sorry to bother ya before you're even awake, sugar cube, but I was wonderin' if you could give me a hand with some of the apple buckin' this mornin' after yer done with your patrol.

Y/N: Sorry, Applejack, but I shouldn't skip out on practicing with my strength.

Applejack: Are you still having issues with your strength?

Y/N: Not as many as the first few days, but I am kind of worried that instead of hitting the apples out of the tree, I kick the tree right out of the ground.

Applejack: Yeah, it wouldn't be fun if that happened again.

Y/N: I would help, but until I can completely control this strength, I shouldn't go overboard.

Applejack: It's okay, sugar cube. I actually don't need much help to finish collectin' the apples, but I had a little bet with Big Macintosh.

Y/N: Oh, yeah? What kind of bet?

Applejack: If I can get all the apples from my section in the barn by lunch time, Big Mac will strut through Stirrup Street in one of Granny's girdles.

She laughs at the thought of Big Mac doing such a thing, which makes Y/N laugh as well.

Y/N: Tell you what. I'll try to finish my daily training quickly so that I can help some later this morning.

Applejack: Oh, thank ya kindly, Y/N. I can't wait to see the look on Big Mac's face when he sees I won this bet. See ya later, sugar cube!

Applejack then leaves Y/N's house to go find somepony else to help her in the meantime. Y/N puts down his mug of coffee and continues to get ready for his morning patrol.

~

Later, as Y/N is finishing up his morning patrol, everything seems to be in order around Ponyville. He is about to head out into the forest when he hears his stomach growling.