Ch. 5 Mare In the Moon Part 1

Two weeks have passed since Y/N was made the protector of Ponyville. He now spends his days patrolling Ponyville and around the Everfree Forest in the mornings and evenings, making sure everything is in order Mayor Mare has had an order put in for a new house to be built for Y/N, but while it is being built, Y/N has been staying in the Golden Oak Library so that he can learn some things about Equestria since he lost his memory.

During the main day, he hangs out with the mane 5 and gets to know them more. And before he goes to sleep at night, he reads a few books from the library so that he can learn as much as he can about what he was protecting. He learned about the princess, Celestia. How she was the one that raises the sun and moon every day and rules Equestria. Y/N wanted to learn about why the moon had a strange image on it, but despite his best efforts, he couldn't find anything about why it had the shape of a unicorn.

~

Speaking of the princess, way over in the capital city of Canterlot, Princess Celestia is preparing for her trip to Ponyville for the annual Summer Sun Celebration. The celebration wasn't for a few days, but there was a lot to prepare for. Now, Princess Celestia is in her throne room thinking.

Princess Celestia: *Sighs* What am I going to do? I don't have the will to do it a second time.

One of the royal guards comes in and sees the princess in a bit of a slump.

Royal Guard: Pardon the interruption, Princess, but are you alright?

The Princess puts on a fake smile so that she doesn't worry him.

Princess Celestia: *Fake smiles* Perfectly fine. Is there something you need?

Royal Guard: I just wanted to give you the list of tasks that have been assigned for the Summer Sun Celebration.

The princess uses her magic and brings the list over so that she can read it.

Princess Celestia: Let's see here. The food is being prepared by the Apple family. A pegasus named Rainbow Dash will be keeping the sky clear. The decorations will be done by Ms. Rarity. The music will be performed by animals that are watched over by Fluttershy. And surveying the area making sure everyone is safe will be Y/N.

As she is reading, she recognizes all the names that were on the list.

Princess Celestia: Almost all of these are ponies I've heard about on my trips to Ponyville. That is, except for Y/N. He's the one that was recently made Ponyville's protector. Hmm . . . Maybe that can ease my worries about letting her go. That'll be all, sir.

The royal guard bows to the princess before he leaves the room. Just then, a stream of smoke comes in through and window and comes back together to form a scroll. The Princess picks up the scroll and opens it to find that it's a message from her most gifted student, Twilight Sparkle.

Princess Celestia: "Important! My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the preci – that something really bad is about to happen." I'm guessing Spike couldn't spell "precipice". "For you see, the mythical mare in the moon is, in fact, Nightmare Moon, and she's about to return to Equestria and bring with her eternal night. Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." *Sighs* That mare needs to get out of that tower of hers.

After she finishes reading the message, Princess Celestia comes to a decision. She pulls out her own paper and quill and writes her own message to Twilight.

Princess Celestia: "My dearest, most faithful student, Twilight, you know that I value your diligence, and that I trust you completely. But you simply must stop reading those dusty old books. My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying. So I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location, Ponyville. And I have an even more essential task for you to complete, make some friends."