Ch. 8 Griffon Shenanigans

A new day has arrived in Ponyville, and everyone is enjoying their time in the sun. This includes Y/N, who is relaxing on a cloud, high in the sky where all he can hear is the gentle wind as it blows through his mane.

Y/N: *Sighs Happily* No wonder Rainbow Dash takes so many naps on these clouds. They are so soft.

Unbeknownst to him though, Rainbow Dash has been flying around trying to hide from something. She suddenly lands on the cloud Y/N is sitting on.

Y/N: Can't a guy get some privacy on a cloud?

When Rainbow realizes somepony else is there, she jumps up in shock, but then calms down. Y/N notices she seems to be very jumpy.

Rainbow Dash: Oh, it's just you.

Y/N: You okay, Rainbow? You seem really tense.

Rainbow Dash: Am not!

Despite what she says, Y/N can clearly see that she is looking around in a panic trying to make sure she's safe.

Y/N: What are you hiding from?

Rainbow Dash: I'm not hiding from anyone!

???: Rainbow Dash!

Their sudden shout out made Rainbow Dash jump up and fly off again.

Y/N: Strange. Rainbow Dash is never that tense.

He looks over the edge of his cloud and sees Pinkie Pie floating up to him by being carried by balloons.

Y/N: Pinkie?

Pinkie Pie: That's me!

Y/N: What are you doing all the way up here?

Pinkie Pie: Looking for Rainbow Dash! I heard her voice up here! Can you tell me where she went?

Y/N: Uhh. . . Well, I think she just flew off that way.

He points in the direction that Rainbow Dash flew off in and Pinkie Pie begins swimming through the air trying to catch up to Rainbow Dash.

Y/N: I don't know what you're up to, but good luck, I guess.

Pinkie Pie: Thanks, Y/N! Enjoy your nap!

Y/N: Thanks.

Pinkie Pie continues to swim through the air after Rainbow Dash, while Y/N lays back down to get some rest. A few minutes later, he is about to drift off, when he hears someone calling out to him.

???: Y/N! Are you up there?

Y/N: *Groans* Yes!

He opens his eyes and looks down to see Twilight and Spike waving at him.

Twilight: Can you come down here for a minute? I have something to tell you!

Y/N: Okay, I'll be down in a minute!

He stretches for a minute before spreading his wings and flying down to Twilight and Spike. As he lands, he yawns, and the others can see how tired he is.

Twilight: Are you okay?

Spike: Yeah. You look like Twilight the morning before an exam.

Twilight: Hey! I don't look that bad!

Spike raises his eyebrow and Twilight starts to sweat.

Twilight: Okay, I used to.

Y/N chuckles at their squabble, then explains.

Y/N: I look like this because I've been doing a lot of extra work at Sweet Apple Acres.