Prince Series- Miyuki's Past

Credits: Art and basic storyline by Snow_Nova in Roaming Imaginations [Art book]

Characters (except Miyuki) by Kaoru (Prince Series)

(Told from a second-person perspective.)

She looks at you, laughing her head off. The whole class was, actually. You'd just told them a joke, and seven year-olds being seven year-olds, were laughing like they just saw their enemy fall face-down in a puddle of mud.

Not that seven year-olds could have enemies, you think.

And you see the sunlight shining onto her face, and smile to yourself too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She stares at you, horrified at what she's going through.

Not too surprising, since not every seven year-old has the luck to experience being kidnapped and shoved into a room with other frightened seven year-olds.

And then seeing a familiar face, grinning at all of them, a malicious look on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, you walk past her room, and see her crying her eyes out. Miyuki isn't one to cry in front of others, but you know too many like her. Those who broke down the minute they were alone.

You see how her brown hair has been stained black, you see her dust-coated hands rubbing her swollen and purple eye. You see raw skin exposed on her light-skinned arm. You see the uniform that everyone in here wears, torn and tattered and a size too big for her. You see her wearing the same vest as she did when she came, unwilling to part with it.

You see a lot of things. Too many things.

The only thing you don't see, is the girl who had laughed along with her class just, ah, how long ago?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She struggles to break off the chain around her neck that is slowly tightening itself. Soon it would tighten so that air wouldn't get it, and kill her.

You watch with amusement as all the girls try to break free, from the brown chain threatening to end them.

Just yesterday you'd given each of them a clean white shirt, bandages, and a each a bucket of water and a bar of soap to wash up.

"I should at least give you something in exchange for your services here," you'd told them.

They all looked thankful at you.

Now, you're watching as they struggle in those clothes and bandages, as they slowly die.

And someone manages to break free, as a snap of the chain sounds through the room.

"And who would that be?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little girl's eyes widens as she finally regains her breath and looks around, seeing as her friends fall to the ground, their faces turning blue.

She panics as her small fingers fumble around, trying to break the chain, but to no avail.

And she lands on the floor, too, as she watches her friend breathe her last.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The opponent looks at her. She looks at him. 

He holds a knife. She holds a knife.

He strikes.

She strikes faster.

Within ten seconds, the winner is announced.

There, stands her, with a woolen sweater, a plaster on her cheek, and a bloody knife dangling precariously over a dead body.

Expressionless.

Emotionless.

Moral-less.

That is the staring at you now.

You smirk.

"You- are the winner."

~Time skip~

"Miyuki," You say, to the girl pulling gently on her tie. 

"Yes?" She replies, without any emotion on her face.

"Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You pick up the little boy and smiled to him.

"Alexis," You say to him.

"This,

Is your sister."

And for the first time since 8 years, the girl smiles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, big sis~" 

'Miyuki' tugs at her zipper, studying a knife on the table in front of her.

She looks up abruptly, noticing the boy who'd just entered the room.

"What's that-"

She quickly slides it into her pocket.

And she smiles, and says, to me,

"Shh..."

Yep, there we are. It turned out worse than I wanted but it's okay I guess.