Project Sekai- The Day the Lights Didn't Turn On at 25.00

I want to... disappear.

Nightcord Chat, Monday, 0400

K: Let's meet up tomorrow to release the song together.

Yuki: Mm.

Enanan: See you guys tomorrow.

Amia: At 25.00.

I have to continue creating songs that can save someone out there...

Kanade keyed in her username and sighed. She stared at the kettle. Then at her noodles on the table, admiring how perfectly she managed to get them out of the bag, no broken bits sticking out here and there. She really was extra careful this time, to not break the bag holding it.

First time! She smiled slightly.

Then she laughed at herself.

What had she become? Even writing songs didn't give her satisfaction anymore. Now what made her happy? Instant noodles?

How nice it must be to have music in your life.

Mafuyu glanced at the doorway. Her mother should be asleep by now.

She turned on the writing app and logged in halfway. 

She grasped for the synthesizer hidden behind the huge monitor.

-! Her hand froze in mid- air.

It wasn't there. Her first thoughts went to her mother.

Then she remembered, and laughed painfully.

She'd thrown away her own synthesizer. The thing she'd been fighting with her mother for, the thing she'd sell half her life for to continue music.

She'd thrown it away.

Why? She just didn't feel like she liked it anymore.

What have I become?

Fufufu, I'm getting so many likes.

Ena keyed in her password with one hand and scrolled through her phone with the other, and smiled at her selfie with rising likes.

Well, Mizuki wasn't wrong to say I've been making my chest look bigger, but... it really does make me look prettier.

Then she remembered something, and swiped to the artwork she'd posted just after the selfie. As expected, it didn't even garner half the likes of her face. I'd spent so much time on that! She lamented in her heart.

But somehow, she didn't feel as disappointed.

You're just getting used to it, she told herself, but the untouched- since- I- can't- remember- when sketchbook in the corner told her otherwise.

Her eyes drew back, like she'd just done something sorry to the sketchbook.

I'm just... losing interest.

Then she laughed, mockingly.

What have you become, artist Ena?

Anything's welcome, as long as it's cute!

Mizuki dangled the lolipop from her mouth and waited for her app to turn on.

She glanced at the anime she was going to make an MV for, then turned around. It just didn't excite her so much as watching the anime.

How unlike myself, she mused. Then she couldn't restrain her giggle.

Mizuki, what's wrong with you? First you're an outcast, then you don't even trust them with your secret. Now, you can't even bring yourself to do something that the group needs?

Well, don't you want to, too?

Nightcord Chat, Tuesday, 25.00

K: [offline]

Yuki: [offline]

Amia: [offline]

Enanan: [offline]

I... can't continue making songs anymore! 

Kanade stared at the kettle for a while.

Click.

"Ah, the water's done," She lifted her noodles and walked towards the counter.

Picking up the kettle, she prepared to pour it into the pot.

Then, she changed her mind.

Lifting the kettle over her head, she tipped boiling water all over her long silver hair.

Sorry, Dad.

I don't have anything.

Mafuyu glanced at the monitor for a while and blinked.

Quickly, she grabbed the glass of water and dunked it over her hands.

Before she knew what she was doing, a pair of scissors slowly advanced to the wires.

Snip.

She held out her wet hand to touch the copper.

Sorry, Mom.

Just because they've got talent, they think it's okay to belittle me...!

Ena grabbed her nightlight, sketchbook and pencil. She deliberately chose the hardest she had. 

She flipped through the sketchbook, eyeing every piece she'd drawn.

Rubbish.

Rubbish.

Rubbish.

She sat  up straighter, and lifted up her pencil.

And stabbed it into her throat.

Sorry, Akito.

How suffocating it can be...

Mizuki's lolipop hung dangerously loose from her mouth, and she pushed it further up a little. 

She replayed the animation again, and again.

It's not that good...

She spotted a small packet of white powder in the corner.

Ah, Mom's having trouble with the rats...

Then, without thinking, she tore open the package and spit the lolipop in.

"Hmm, it tastes bitter. Not cute, but I'll accept it for once."

Sorry, Sis.

Nightcord Chat, Tuesday, 25.00

K: [offline]

Yuki: [offline]

Amia: [offline]

Enanan: [offline]

???: Hello?

???: Anyone online?

???: Fufufu, no one's lights are on~

AJHAHAHA I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO WRITE A PJSEKAI FANFIC BUT WORRIED I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH CONTEXT (well I skipped most of the stories) BUT THROUGH A LITTLE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE IT MWAHAHAHAHA

My nightcord fan friends will be so pissed.

WxS fans, anyone? Emu fans?

...No?