01 | Prologue

This house is full of chaos. I was making breakfast when I heard a thud. I ran out of the kitchen and saw my daughter lying on the floor. I sigh, exasperated.

"Jiya, are you alright?", I ask. " Yes Mom, I'm fine don't worry, it's just that this little brat over here pushed me.", she said glaring at her brother. "But she pushed me first", he shouted at me. I sigh and say, "Why can't you just act like civilized people? Now Eric, apologize to your sister like a good gentleman."
"Fine", he says, "Sorry."

Do you see what I have to deal with every day along with a full-time job?
Yet, somehow, they are still the most precious gift I have in my life.
Oh, my apologies. I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Alina Singh, CEO of a software company and a mother of two kids, twins actually, Jiya and Eric. I am in a happy marriage and perfectly content with my life, although far from easy. My husband owns a Weapons Company which supplies arms and forces to the military, navy, air force, or a private contractor. Sometimes, I miss the simple life, not to sound ungrateful, being rich and famous is fun but it comes with its downsides. Honestly, I didn't even want to be famous but owning a company is a big deal and I like having that kind of power in my hands. No, this is not my villain origination story.

I'm cooking breakfast right now. I know I don't have to do that but I like cooking so I try to cook at least one meal every day.

"Mom, we're bored", both of my little minions exclaimed at the same time. "Where's dad? "
"I sent him out for some work."
"Oh come on, I was hoping for some fun", exclaims Eric. I am quite offended with this statement which I made abundantly clear by scoffing at him which he understood by the look on my face. He speaks again, "Now, Mom, you know yourself that Dad is more fun than you. Sorry though, didn't mean to offend you." He shrugs lazily.
That's when Jiya's face lights up and she says, "How about you tell us a story Mom? About how you met Dad or perhaps how your college days were. You're always blabbing about how those were the best four years of your life"

Huh. And Indeed they were. I do talk about it a lot but only because it was that much more special.

"Fine, I suppose I do have time, it is Sunday. But, you have to eat your breakfast first, both of you."

............................................................................