09| George

"She got me kicked off the library!" I hollered, pacing front and back.

"What?" Ryan asked, sitting on the sofa and playing with Daisy.

"Ry- are you listening to me?" I asked.

"Huh- oh yeah, yeah I'm listening." He said looking up at me.

"Who does she think she is? How is she even allowed to do that?"

"What do you care? You read your books online."

"God, I- I hate that woman."

"Mhm, you've been talking about her for an hour now. For someone you hate, you sure talk about her a lot."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him, confused, "What the hell are you talking about? I- you know what, forget it. I'll take care of it."
As soon as I said that, an incredible idea popped into my head. I could barely control my glee. I picked up my jacket and keys from the counter.

"Where are you going?"

"College"

"Why? You don't have class today."

"No, but she does."

..............................................................

I watched Aly get out of her class. She was carrying about 6 books in her hands. She rested her bag on her knee and put them in. I stood at the corner, observing. And that is when Mr. Anand, the head of the student volunteering department showed up.

"Ms. Alina, I looked at your application and it was spotless. I really appreciate your support and vigor for volunteering. Students volunteering for this is sporadic. I'll be sure to give you extra credit. Now, you get all the gear from the staff station-"

"Sir, what are you talking about?" She asked him, perplexed.

"Your application about the hygiene and sanitation. You volunteered to help clean the college after your classes today, didn't you?"

She scratched her head and then her baffled eyes landed on me. "Sir, would you excuse me for a second?"

She walked over to me, "You did this, didn't you?"

"No hello? Is that how you greet people, love?"

"You son of a b-" She caught herself mid-sentence. She took a deep breath. And then her eyes lit up. She darted back to Mr. Anand.

"Yes, sir, I did volunteer for that. But if you don't mind, a buddy of mine, George Camere, wouldn't mind some extra credit either so can I just add him as a volunteer?"
I panicked. Why didn't I think of this? I rushed by her side but before I could reach, Mr. Anand agreed, "Sure, the more the merrier." 

She smiled triumphantly, looking right at me. Whereas I stood there like a complete idiot, gritting my teeth. I did not suspect that my plan would backfire.

"See you after class, Camere."
I gave her a tight-lipped smile as she scurried off to her class.

...................

About three hours later Aly and I were standing in front of a bathroom with cleaning supplies in our hands.

"You did this," I sighed exasperately.

"Excuse me? You did this. I just paid you back."

"No. You got me kicked out of the library!"

"On reasonable grounds!"

"Whatever" I sneered, "I suppose we should get to cleaning now. Ladies first."