06| Aly

I got out of the room after studying for four hours straight. Everyone's hanging out in the living room. Ryan, Kiara, Ray. RAY!
"Oh my god, Rayyyy! Hiiiiii."

"There she is."

I side-hug him.
"What're you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh, I hang out here all the time. You know me, Ryan, Kiara, and George. Did you meet George? I think you'd like him."

"Yes, that's what everybody keeps telling me. I haven't met him yet." I said. "Sooo? How have you been?"

"I am great. I'm a geologist now. Oh, and congratulations on college."

"Thanks, man."
I went over to the kitchen, which is connected to the living room.
That's when the door opened, and someone walked in. "Hey, K. Do you have some mil..... What the hell? You?"

I turned around, and a gasp escaped from my mouth. It's the guy who knocked me out of my bike. Another gasp escaped as I figured out that he's George. "You're George?"

"You're Aly?" He was equally in shock.

"It's Alina for you." I said, holding up a hand.

"Well, look at you two, getting all cozy, eyy," Ryan said in a failed attempt to diffuse the tension.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Asked Kiara, visible confusion on her face.

"Well, it seems they've met already but just found out each other's name, so I don't know what to make of it, but I do know that I love every bit of this." Says Ryan, grinning profusely, end to end.

Kiara slapped him on the head and deservedly so because I do not love this.

"So you're telling me he is going to be over here often," I asked anyone who would answer.

"Well..."Goes Kiara trailing off.

"Don't worry, love. I won't be here if you're here.", said George.

"Great." I asserted.

"Great."

"Enough, both of you." Says Kiara with a stern expression. "You're both my friends, you're both going to be here, and you're both going to get along nicely. Now I don't know what happened with you two, but I do know that you both can and will have to behave like civilized adults. Now, apologize."

"Sorry, K."
"Sorry.. "

"Not to me, idiots." She said, "To each other."

"Hell no," we both exclaimed at the same time.

Kiara glared at the both of us.
"Sorry..." we both muttered without looking at each other.

I went over to the fridge in the corner of the kitchen and crouched down on the floor to get some fruits out of the vegetable cabin. I felt George towering behind me. I grabbed an apple, stood back up, turned around, and instantly froze. He stood right in front of me. "Would you care to move, mister?"

"Sure, as soon as I get the milk."
I ducked under his arm and went around. God, I hate that guy.

........................................................................................................................................................

Our college is having a Fresher's Party next week, and my job is management and arrangement of the party. That's something I always do. I never take part in on-stage activities because I don't like getting the spotlight. So, I'm always in my comfort zone and stick to the backstage responsibilities.

I was going to the cafeteria, passing through the campus pool area. My head was buried in my books and I bumped into someone's back. I start apologizing, then- oh god. It's him again. I sighed and told him, "Listen, Camere. I'm really busy. I don't have the time to get into it so I'd appreciate it if there's no sarcastic comment from your side. Kay, thanks, bye." And I started walking.

He stepped in front of me, "Woah, Woah, Woah, I didn't even say anything." His voice was soft, gentle, and innocent, or at least he was pretending to be.

"But I know you were going to."

He took a step forward, and I took a step backward. He leaned forward and then tilted his head a little to the side. He whispered in my ear, "You think you know me so well?" His breath tickled my cheek. My heart jumped to my throat. He took another step, and I gulped. "Go ahead, tell me something about me." His voice was almost suggestive now. Another step.

And splash. I fell into the pool. "You unbelievable jerk." He was laughing unrestrainedly now. I glared at him so hard that I could burn a hole into him. And that's when I see it. He has dimples, that somehow add a lot of suave to him. He naively offered me his hand, still laughing. I took his hand and pulled him into the pool. He fell on top of me, taking me down to the floor of the pool. We both rose, gasping for air, and both of us burst out laughing. Dimples. We both get out of the pool. "Shit, all my books are drenched because of you."

"Because of me? I didn't even touch you. You fell into the pool. If anything, you pulled me and I am drenched because of you."

"You're such a smartass."

"Yeah, 'cause you know so much about me." He said with a light chuckle which was endearing, but I didn't want to admit that, even to myself. So, I rolled my eyes instead and get going. I've to head home again to change.