11| Aly

I was already in class with Sandy and saw Ryan come in. I waved him over. He smiled and was about to sit down when we heard a whistle from behind.

"You're sitting with me, c'mon." Said George with the usual snarkiness on his face.
"No, he's sitting with me." I counterargued.
"Ryan," He said sternly, hoping to intimidate me.
Ryan moved towards him. "Ryan," I hissed at him. He started to move towards me.
"Dude?" George said in a surprised tone as if shocked that Ryan would break the bro code.

"That's it. I'm not a dog. And I'm sick of you both fighting all the time and your constant bickering, ugh. I'm not sitting with either of you. I'm sitting with that hot girl over there." Ryan said pointing to a girl sitting in the left row.

Sandy's now looking at me intriguingly, "Seriously, what is up with you two?"

"What? Mutual hatred? Mutual disgust?" I replied.

"Ugh, forget it."

I smile at that because it feels like I won the argument. I love winning arguments. I have a thing where I need to be right all the time. I'm working on it.

............................................................................

I've been quite busy since I was in charge of the Management Committee. Sandy's helping me get through it. We were walking towards the Hall where the function was to be held. I had a writing board in my hand with a bunch of lists that I was going through.

"I don't know why you hate him so much. I mean look at that guy. He is totally hot. Like on-my-knees-for-you hot." Sandy said suddenly, surprising me. Why are we talking about him now?
I made a turn to the right entering the Hall involuntarily because of muscle memory, still looking at the lists. "He's not ho..........." I looked up and stopped dead in my tracks at the view before me.

George was standing on a ladder, fixing a light bulb. Wearing black pants and a white shirt, tucked in with a couple of buttons opened and sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the sprinklers of the Hall had gone off making his shirt see-through clearly showing his abs. His wet hair landed on his forehead and his focused eyes were still fixed on the bulb. The cold, blue eyes were staring at me now. I shook my head, completely flushed, to get all the unholy thoughts out of my mind.

"Alright, what is going on over here," I spoke loudly so everyone could hear me. I clapped my hands twice to get everyone's attention. "Okay, huddle up everybody, we are far behind schedule and the sprinklers are not helping. Raj, I said no banners, we're keeping it classy. Priya, good job on the carpets. George, stick with the lighting, you're doing good. Sandy, I need you to call the sponsors. Shreyash, do something to turn off the sprinklers." They all stood there staring at me. "What're you guys looking at? Go, go, go. We have a lot to do."
I might be a people pleaser but when I take charge I get the job done.

............................................................................

It'd been two days since the sprinkler incident and all our work was now completed. The Fresher's party was tomorrow.

I was sitting in the cafeteria when Aisha, one of my classmates took a seat in front of me. "Hey, Aly. What's the deal with you and Ryan? Are you guys dating?"
"Oh, no. He's just my friend, we're not dating." It's alarming how people think a boy and a girl are dating just because they hang out together but I'm not even surprised. I'm used to that.
"Ok, cool."

I stood up and was just heading to class when Ryan popped out of nowhere. He snaked his arm around my neck, "Hey, so who're you partnered up with for the party?"
"I'm not going."
"I will literally punch you right now. Why are you not going?"
"My social battery cannot handle it right now. Also, Aisha was just asking about you."
"Who?"
"Aisha? The one who was asking for your number yesterday?"
"Oh, yeah."
"Anyway, who're you going with?"
"Saisha."
"Aisha's sister?" I shrieked.
"I didn't know Aisha was into me. It's not my fault. Tell her I'm not interested. Okay, thanks and you're coming. Bye." And he ran off.
I yelled behind his back, "I'm not saying that to her, and I'm not coming either."
What is it with men and their inability to take accountability? 

............................................................................

I got home and as soon as I entered Ryan gave me the news that since I'm in the Management Committee, I must attend the party.

I went into my room and lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. I got a notification on my phone and I picked it up to check what it is and....I'm partnered with George for the party. Apparently, the committees don't seem to think we get along so they think partnering us up will make that happen.
Lovely! What could go wrong?