04| Aly

It's the first day of college! Usually, I'm nervous on the first days but this time I'm not! Maybe because this time I'm not alone, Ryan will be there with me.

I got breakfast with K, took a shower, gave myself a pep talk in the mirror again, and got ready for college. I went down to the parking lot of the building, get on my motorbike, and off to college.
............................................................

I've been looking for a parking spot all over but I couldn't find one. Damn, this place is busy.

There it is! There's one lone spot waiting for me. I turned the accelerator toward the spot. And just as I was going to take it another motorbike hit mine on the side.

"Oh my god! Are you blind?" I yelled steadying myself, not looking up.

"Am I blind!? Are you blind? It was my spot!", grumbled the deep, husky, low voice that just knocked me down.

Now I do look up. A man, almost the same age as me, stood there, tall and built, staring right at me and clenching his defined jaw. His hands balled up into a fist making the veins in his hand obvious. He was muscular but lean, rugged yet refined. His lips curled into a scowl. His lustrous jet-black hair, on top of his light, smooth skin. His soft blue eyes (mixed genes I guess) glowing, reminding me how the ocean water glows in the sun. So, essentially, I'm looking at what might be the most gorgeous man I've ever seen but I didn't care for any of it.
"Oh, yeah? I did not see your name there," I grumbled placing my hands on my waist, "At least apologize for knocking me down."

"Why should I apologize? It was not my fault. In fact, I think you should be the one to apologize." He said in a matter-of-fact voice.
It went on for a while, and I think people started staring.

"Wow, I bet you feel real macho now, don't you?"

"What? Listen, love, I'd have no problem admitting my fault if it were. But it isn't." He said in a catty tone.

I gave him a sarcastic, tight-lipped, smile.
He sighed tiredly, and got on his bike."You know what? Take the spot, for all I don't care. I'll find another one. I don't have time for this." And he took off.

"And you think I do", I yelled behind him. I could practically feel that he's rolling his eyes just by looking at his back.
I parked my bike and went to class.
   The first class is Systems in Mechanical Engineering. I took a deep breath, got in, and took a seat.

"Heyyyy, you're new, right? I'm Sandy," She offered me a hand and raised her shoulders, "People kinda look up to me here. You know, you are welcome to hang out with me and my friends." A girl in a sweatshirt with a big smile on her face said to me. I wavered at the sudden enthusiasm at eight in the morning. Regardless, I greet her with the same smile, "Oh hey, thanks. I'm Alina. That's really nice of you to offer, I'd love to."

"Oh it's all cool, we're friends."

"Oh." I was taken a little off guard by her calling me a friend based on exchanging just a couple of sentences and she noticed

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I thought we could be friends."

"Oh, of course, it's just... I don't make friends that easily."

I heard a snort of laughter from behind along with a snide comment, "I wonder why."
I turned around and there he was. The man who I never hoped to see again. His chin resting on his interlaced hands propped up on the table. "Do you have a problem?" I jeered.

He scoffed and said, "Yeah, you."

"Who's this guy?" Sandy looked at me, confused.

"I don't know." I gave him a dirty look and turned around again looking to my front.

"Really? Cause that looked like some sexy banter kind of thing." Sandy whispered to me.

"Ew, gross." said the obnoxious man, scrunching up his face.

"If I throw a stick would you actually go?" I quipped, trying to sound slick, "But yeah Sandy, Ew gross."

Ugh, I'm dreading the days to come already. I don't know how I'm gonna survive this year.