CHAPTER ONE

The Mortal Cup

𓂅༗

"I swear to god, Simon, if you don't stop tapping your fingers against the table-" Elara spoke, her voice laced with annoyance whilst she casted her gaze towards her twin brother, who only stared back towards her with a cheeky grin.

"yeah, and what will you do about it?" Simon teased, watching as a glare appeared onto Elara's face while she picked up her coffee and took a long sip before a sweet and innocent smile appeared onto her lips.

"well" The brunette started, placing her coffee down "I'll grab that hand and shove it where the sun doesn't shi-" She didn't even get to finish her sentence before Simon had his hands up in a mock surrender and shook his head gently.

"Okay, I get the point, Lara" He chuckled, placing his hands back down again. "Do you think Clary's going to get in?" Simon began to fiddle with his jacket, nerves wracking his body for his best friend, not knowing whether she would get into the school of her dreams.

Elara scoffed at the thought of the school rejecting Clary, but neither less she smiled towards her brother "They would be stupid not to accept her, plus she's a redhead and her temper can get really bad, so lets hope she did get in"

Simon's eyes glistened with amusement as he chuckled slightly "She may have a temper" he mused, beginning to tap his fingers against the table once more that caused Elara to groan and smack his hands away from the table. "But you're not so perfect yourself, miss I yelled at the teacher because she interrupted my conversation"

Elara raised her brow slightly as she leaned back in her chair, remembering the day quite vividly as she chuckled "It was a really intense conversation, Si" The girl sighed dramatically before slamming her hands onto the table "Like who would fucking interrupt me talking while i was speaking about food? the audacity I swear"

"language" Simon shook his head while grinning.

"English, I speak English" She resorted while nudging him.

The brunette soon spotted the redhead walking through the doors of the cafe, a frown embedded onto her lips as she hurried towards them. Elara immediately sat up straight while her own frown appeared onto her lips. "What happened? who do I have to hunt down?" Clary's lips twitched slightly at the corners because of her best friends words but it was gone before they could notice.

"Lara" Simon scolded before he shook his head slightly at his sisters words before turning his full attention onto Clary "Give me the professors' name and I will end them" both girls stared back at him, one with a weird look and the other truly amazed on how he could scold her for her words but use them himself. "With a scathing e-mail to the dean, not actually end them"

"Don't bother" Clary sighed as she sat down in front of the two and threw a letter onto the table to which Simon picked up and opened it, he leaned over so Elara could read it with him. "Bloody hell Clary, I applaud you for making us feel like shit for you, but why couldn't you just tell us you got in?"