CHAPTER NINE

Moo Shu To Go

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara of course didn't end up getting much more sleep and she definitely didn't expect her best friend to come flying through her bedroom door.

"Jace, there you are." Clary sighed in relief, her eyes casting glances between Elara who was now sat up, resting her back against the head bored. Then to Jace, who was slowly sitting up, running his eyes. The redhead felt her chest ache slightly, but for some odd reason, it didn't hurt as much as it had done before.

A few moments of speaking later, The angelic boy was stood beside the redhead, holding the girls necklace within his hands while she explained to both Elara and Jace that she saw Valentine when she held onto it.

"And he spoke to you?" Questioned Jace, his eyes peering away from the necklace.

"He said my name." Said Clary, her voice lacing with fear "He said 'your mother for the cup'."

"Who said that?" The Raven haired boy strolled into Elara's room, taking a seat next to her upon the bed.

The girl internally groaned; What is this? A party? Should we invite Isabelle next?

"Valentine" Elara turned her head slightly to peer over at the boy "He has Jocelyn."

"And he can speak to her through that necklace?" Alec asked while still staring at Elara who only shrugged.

"I'm right here, Alec." Clary huffed with an annoyed look upon her face.

"Oh, I know." Alec responded "But he spoke to you right here in the Institute, through that necklace?"

"It's like when I saw Dot." Clary nodded, ignoring as Elara stood up from her place upon the bed, her hand reaching up as it grasped onto the crystal.

Her vision soon faded out.

"Ah, Athena Lestrange" Valentine hummed, turning to look towards the girl "I know you're listening to me, so listen carefully." The tone of his voice began to change "You must know that I want the cup to exchange for Jocelyn. But-" He chuckled slightly "I also want you, Athena or is it Elara now? I can never keep up with names."

Valentine walked towards a woman who was floating, surrounded by purple mist. The man gently touching her cheek. "I want you to join me, so I want you and the cup, and then I will gladly give Jocelyn back." Valentine smirked, looking directly towards Elara.

Elara gasped, her heart hammering in her chest the moment she pulled her hand away, acting as if the crystal just burned her.

Clary, Alec and Jace stared at the girl in worry, the redhead being the one to walk towards her "Did you just-" she immediately noticed the look upon the brunettes face "What did you see?"