CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Of Men and Angels

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara's hands gripped onto the door handle, pulling it open. The room was shaking violently while Magnus was shouting towards Clary for not being able to hold onto Luke much longer.

"I'll hold on for as long as I can." yelled Magnus. "Go!"

Elara quickly made her way over to the redhead as the latter grasped  hold of her hand, dragging her out of the room.

"Elara!"

"Clary!"

Both girls immediately sighed in relief, running over to the boys. "Do you have it?" asked Clary.

"Yeah." Nodded Jace, merely handing the redhead the ingredients who took them before she made her way back to the room again, the three following close behind.

Elara turned her gaze towards Luke who now had a blue mist appearing around him from Magnus' hand, while his other held onto Alec's, absorbing his energy.

Something about seeing someone she held so dear in her heart being in pain caused Elara to feel angry, angry towards the person that did it, but alas, Theo was already dead. But that still didn't cease her slight anger.

Clary ran over to Luke, Jace and Simon following behind closely. All the while Elara just stood there, completely hidden within the shadows of the apartment. It wasn't as if she didn't want to be involved, she just honestly didn't know how to react, nor did she trust herself with how she currently felt. She needed to calm down before she made any decisions to help.

Clary gently tipped the liquid into Luke's mouth, hoping he wouldn't choke. Elara's eyes moved over towards Alec, seeing the boy with his eyes clenched shut, he was getting weaker by the looks of it. But that didn't stop Magnus.

Everything in the room suddenly stopped shaking, allowing the hidden girl to let out a breath she didn't even realise she was holding. But with all the sudden happiness within the room, Elara couldn't stand it. Not that she wasn't happy for Luke being awake and talking again. But because of the memories of Cheryl, Marlo, and her destiny still embedded into her mind, playing on repeat.

Elara swiftly turned on her heels and Stalked away from the room, wanting to be utterly alone in that moment. All the things they had been through just to get Jocelyn back was like being on a roller coaster, one minute everyone's going upwards and feeling the adrenaline rush, but next, it can go downhill and make them feel weak and frightened.

Elara merely hid back into the room of her sorrows and sat down upon the bed, gently placing her head into her hands.

𓂃✩𓂃

An hour later, the girl had heard talking from the outside of the room, saying that Luke had been transferred into another room in the apartment. That alone caused the girl to sigh. She had to finally come out of hiding, drowning enough in her sorrows as she was.