CHAPTER TEN

Moo Shu To Go

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara rounded the corner from one of the many corridors within the Institute, her brows furrowing the moment a piece of crumpled up paper landed by her foot. The brunette peered up and saw Clary sitting on the steps, her sketchbook in hand.

But alas, the redhead never saw the girl standing there as she immediately stood and walked away.

Elara gently bent down and gingerly picked up the piece of paper before allowing her feet to glide her towards the same spot the redhead once sat, making herself comfortable on the step.

The moment she unraveled the paper a sense of anger coursed through her, a drawing of Valentine gazed back at her. She felt waves of emotions running through her body, she wanted to scream, but at the same time she wanted to stay silent, to pretend everything was okay.

Elara may never let it be shown that she was terrified, Valentine Morgenstern was her best friends monstrous father, who didn't seem to care about anyone but himself.

He was the man whom harmed Elara's mother, Elizabeth, by putting extra Angel blood into her meals in the morning while at night, her father, Roman, would inject her with demon blood as she slept.

Roman and Valentine were best friends, to which effectively made the girls father, Roman join in with Valentine's twisted games. It pained the girl to know her mother never knew what her husband was doing, nor that she ever would.

Elara felt a lone tear run down her face, but she made no effort in removing it. She was alone within the empty corridor, not even talking could be heard. Elara wanted answers on her family, the girl knew of one person she desperately needed to talk to but wouldn't be able to meet until nightfall.

𓂃✩𓂃

"Clary, it looks like you're not even trying." Elara scolded slightly as she watched the Redhead train, her own blade in hand as she wanted to perfect her structure of attacks.

"We can't all be as good as you on your first day." Clary sang out, a playful tone playing at her voice making the brunette smirk before she placed her blade down onto the table and walk towards the redhead.

"Do you want to fight me?"

Clary stuttered "Want?" her eyes widened as she placed her weapon down onto the floor while Elara just stood there, arms crossed.

"Oh, Come on, we're both going to be stuck here all day, why not make it fun?"

Clary stared at the brunette for a few moments before she nodded, making her tied up red curls bounce slightly. Elara beamed and immediately placed herself into the fighting stance that she had witnessed other shadowhunters use.