Issue 5 - Spider-Man Meet Spider-Man

Alchemax had gone into shutdown after the break-in with now four Spider-People. The staff had been sent home as Octavius left her office; in the wings, Tombstone waited, throwing a toothpick away. "She's ready for you, doc."

"As if I had anything else to worry about," Octavius whispered with a sigh, walking with purpose and going through the collider designs. "I thought we made it clear she wasn't to make any appearance in public. You know how dangerous she could be if left unchecked."

Tombstone nodded slightly, hands deep in his pockets. "Once that girl has something on her mind, there's no stopping her. She has a fire unlike anything I've seen; why keep her locked up?"

"The fire Spider-Man sparked. I had hoped she would move on with our friendly neighbourhood corpse gone. Far from that, she's more determined than ever. If Kinpin values this experiment as a burden to his goals, you know what will happen."

"Then see, it doesn't, doc," Tombstone grunted, resting a hand on his gun. "She still has value to Mr Fisk. That I know, no more hiccups."

Octavius stopped at the containment cell, holding up her badge deflated. "She is better but needs to start taking more responsibility for these break-outs. She's your daughter, after all."

Entering the locked-away containment cell, the destroyed Beetle armour rested on a stand shattered in the fight against Y/N. In the middle of the room was a young woman. Her stained black hair covered her face. What little was shown was covered, most specifically, her eyes—a blood-stained bandage wrapped tightly around them, forcing her eyes shut. Octavius took one sheet of paper from her folder, bringing a pen towards it as she spoke into the microphone. "Janice, can you hear me?"

Janice nodded to herself, head hung dead low towards the floor. "Good. Tell me you encountered one of these Spider-Men from another dimension. What was he like? Can you give us any information on the matter?"

"I failed to kill him. I failed to get my revenge."

Octavius took her glasses off, rubbing her eyes and sighing. "Yes, that was obvious. Anything else?"

"I died." She whispered. "I died again."

"The anomaly, black hole, in your eye reacted, you lost control, and it pulled you in, destroying every fibre of your body. Yet here you are. Reappearing out of the blue, you didn't come in; you never left. You came back to life." She explained, clicking her pen. "This isn't the first time it happened either. You've died before, didn't you? The night you tried to bring down the Spider-Man."

"He was my prey. I was so close... But it was too much. The machine, the collider. He did this to me."

"I would like to run some more tests. I want to see how this anti-matter has reacted to you, Janice. And I believe the best test is seen in the field. So tell me, how would you like another chance at killing a Spider? How about 4 Spiders? I take it you're interested."

Janice looked up to the screen; while unable to see she wanted this to be personal, biting her lip, she responded. "I am."

"Good, your new suit will be ready after one final contamination check. Happy hunting." She ended up writing down the approval for the suit before taking her leave with other matters. Tombstone quickly followed, keeping close but not speaking. "I already know what you want to say, Lincoln, and you know the answer. So why bother?"

"I want Kingpin's word. I need to hear it before anything else."

Octavius stopped glancing at Tombstone with a dry stare. "As long as you still provide worth to Mr Fisk, your daughter will find the help she needs here at Alchemax. That worth is making sure the collider goes off tomorrow without any issues. Have you got that?"