Issue 10 - Along Came a Spider

Dusk had fully consumed New York as the group of Spider-People began their infiltration of Fisk Tower; below was the Collider, a one-way ticket home, not to mention the machine that could destroy the Multi-Verse; they had to work quickly to avoid such a fate.

On top of the rooftop, they looked in. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me..." Peter whispers, seeing a celebration for the life of Spider-Man. "That sly two-timing-."

"Focus, Peter, we need to infiltrate without being spotted. I can already imagine how tight security is going to be." Gwen mutters, looking for any entrance point away from prying eyes.

Noir leans forward, looking into the glass pointing. "Well, it can't be that easy, right?"

The group looked, seeing all the waiters wearing Spider-Man masks. The group looked at each other, shrugging over the idea. "Not at all, highly unlikely. Although..."

Moving to the back of the building, the group took turns sneaking in, snatching up trays, and blending in. Now in the party's open, Noir scoffed, following the waiters. "It's that easy."

While keeping up the act, they glanced around for any sign of Kingpin and his lackeys. It didn't take long for Kingpin to appear to give a speech. "Psst, guys, over there." Gwen echoed, tilting her head to the door Kingpin came through. "You all ready?"

"...Enjoy the party, everyone." Kingpin ended, leaning off-stage. "What is it?"

One of his guards whispered into Kingpin's ear, making me look alarmed. "Beetle is KIA."

"Spider-Man, let's move."

As Kingpin left, the other Spiders began moving quickly to the exit. As each one did, their Spider-Sense went off. All alarmed, they started looking around for any trouble.

That's when Peter looked up, alarmed. "Everyone, look out!"

A figure burst through the glass ceiling, smashing down onto the floor, tables flipped back, and soon this was followed by screams. Several armed guards rushed in, aiming the smoke. No one could see what made the sudden entrance, but they would find out sooner or later.

Red tendrils ripped through the smoke, taking out each armed force like clockwork. As the smoke began to settle, everyone was dazed to see another Spider-Man standing by his suit, reactive to his surroundings. "Kid, is that you?" Peter shouts.

Pushing the table off, Peni was shocked, warning the others. "That isn't Miles; it's Y/N!"

"What are you doing, buckeroo? You're blowing our cover." Noir snapped, letting people pass.

Y/N glanced at the Spiders without responding, his tendrils breaking through the floor as he descended for the Collider.

"After him!" Peter orders, diving through the hole alongside Gwen and Spider-Ham. "What's gotten into him?"

"It was like he didn't even recognise us; whatever he's doing, Y/N is holding nothing back," Spider-Ham whispered.

Gwen pushed ahead, only for her Spider-Sense to go off as a red webbing attached to Spider-Ham and Peter. Y/N came out of the shadows, pinning her to the wall and screaming.

"This is my fight; stay out of the way!"

Slamming Gwen further back into the wall, Y/N summited further into the building. It took some time for Peter and Spider-Ham to break free to meet Gwen. "Gwen! Are you alright?"

"Just peachy, what the hell is his problem? We're trying to help?"

"Losing someone you care about can do dangerous things to you... Y/N is still hurting." Spider-Ham said in a deflated tone. "He might do something he regrets."