Issue 15 - New York Flash

With Y/N gone, getting the monstrous Kaiju away, Peni was left clambering to her feet, unable to fight. Her mech was out of service for a good part, but if she managed to get to the workshop, she'd have something to even the odds. Rising to her feet, she began stumbling around as the building kept shaking, the foundation crumbling away as more people began to scream.

Peni stood still, eyes widened as cracks began to form up the walls and above her. If it collapsed now, not only would she be doomed, but so too would all the students trapped above. At this moment, there wasn't any way to communicate with Y/N or Noir; she was alone. When there was no sign of the building falling apart, Peni took the first step towards her lab, making sure not to make one wrong step. Everything was riding on the fact she would make it to her lab.

As another step was taken, the building took another loud crash, more cracks appearing as the screams only grew. Peni had no choice; taking several deep breaths, she readied herself, sprinting for the collapsed workshop moments before the building collapsed. Throwing the door wide open, her eyes widened, and her heart sank as a heap of rubble separated her from salvation. Not ready to give up, she began digging through the moving rocks, reaching for her mech. The prototype was sensor activated; if she could get close enough, it would recognise her and spring into auto-pilot. It wouldn't be enough to fight, but it was to reach the pilot, and Peni could go from there.

Squeezing through the edge, she could force her way through. Peni stretched as far as she could imagine, just out of reach every time. Pushing herself forward, the last crack echoed out. Peni looked up, horrified, as the entire school collapsed.

It collapsed only briefly as a red hue consumed the entire area. The school stood, and Peni was pulled up and held in the air. "What the?"

She turned, finding Crimson-Spider hovering next to her red hex, bleeding off him, his suit ripping. "Peni... Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, it's you. How did you?"

The Crimson-Spider shook his head as they teleported above the school alongside her two mechs. Dropping them to the side, he took off his web shooters, concentrating the hex magic around as all the students were also lifted high into the air, avoiding the danger as the school collapsed finally. "You've got yourself in quite a mess, haven't you, cousin? You all did well to hold out this long; you can leave this to me."

Glancing at Peni's mech, the Crimson-Spider opened it up, landing next to it, tinkering away at it. "Does this thing still have an emergency self-destruct feature?"

Still floating in the air, Peni stared blankly, baffled at his question. "Yeah, but how do you know that?"

"No matter what Universe, you all share the same handy work. This will do here. Take this, radio up with Y/N and Noir." He responded, pulling up his mask and wiping a bloody lip. "We don't have long; I can't withstand this much Hex magic for long. Usually, I balance it out, 60/40 Spider-Man Scarlet Witch. But with the situation, Spider-Man must take a back seat for this one."

Floating higher, the Crimson-Spider looked towards the destruction as another mech came into play. Peni took notice getting on the comms. "That's Addy, she got it up and running."

"That robot... It can't be."

"It's called VEN#m; it's meant to be the next generation of battle mechs."

"Venom... The Peni, I knew, would never mess with such forces. Change of plans; take your tin can back." He responded, dropping it next to her. "I need to go right to the source."

Clapping his hands together, Crimson-Spider vanished, leaving Peni stunned. Quickly getting on her comms, she called Y/N for the heads up. "Y/N, Y/N, can you hear me? I lost comms with Addy, Y/N! Get out of there, you've got company."