Issue 7 - Deathtrap

Dawn approached as Peter caught me outside, staring at a strange wheeled object, stroking my chin. I looked at Peter, confused. "What's this thing? Let me guess, is it used for some building tool? To make a perfect circle?"

Peter looked at it and then back to me with a dull stare. "You mean the bike? It's just a bike."

"Bike?" I mutter, curious. "I've never seen anything like it; perhaps it's a weather device to warn of oncoming tornados. It sure spins with a push. Oh, I know, it's a decoration. I would like to bring this back to my dimension and put it in an art gallery."

"Dude, it's just a bike. You sit on the seat and use it as transportation."

Deflated, I spun it around, spotting the seat. "O-oh... That's it? So you have cars, buses, bikes, boats and planes. What is it with you lot and finding any excuse not to walk?"

"I've been meaning to ask, if everyone in your world has the power of Spider-Man, how does your building structure work? I broke my sink to wash my hands when I got my powers. Twice."

"You know, I was beginning to wonder why everything in this dimension is much more... flimsy; I guess we have everything built differently."

"Well, I suppose it doesn't matter too much. Come tomorrow, this would have all just been a bad dream. Safe and sound in our own homes."

"Safe and sound," I respond, going through my pocket. "Say, Peni isn't going to be done anytime soon. I still have some loose change; think I'll pick up some breakfast."

"I'm glad one of us is thinking sensibly; we can't go fighting crime on an empty stomach."

"Amen." Walking through the house, I hopped over the sofa, turning on the TV for Noir, who was still figuring out where the on button was. Gwen came down the stairs as I held up a twenty-dollar bill. "Y'll want something? I've been dying for a sausage sandwich."

I took a deep breath, looking around and taking in the view. I soon saw Miles running towards us. Waving, I flashed my pocket money. "I was wondering where you ran off to; it's payday, Miles; how does a hot chocolate sound?"

My Spider-Sense began for better words to tingle. Letting out a sigh, I looked around. "Now what?"

Ripped from my spot, I was launched into the air as the rest of the house was attacked by other villains. Turning to my attacker, I was dazed to find it was the Beetle. Smashing me through several buildings, she threw me to the ground, coughing. "Th- That's not possible. You're dead."

"Never wound what you can't kill. You can never get rid of me; I always come back." She hissed, raising a blaster at me. Quickly webbing it, I slid under the ricochet, uppercutting Beetle back dazed. It didn't hurt that much this time. I still stung like a bee.

Trying to react fast, slashing a quick-made blade, I jumped over her, kicking the villain to the ground. She quickly held on as my foot made contact, pulling me down. Now pinned, I held my arms up as she began ramming down on me with punches. Keeping one hand up, I shot a web at a moving car ripping out from under her. As quickly as I escaped, I let go, facing off against her. "We don't have to fight; I don't know what this world's Spider-Man did, but let me help you. There's a damn black hole in your head; it must be tearing you apart. Please, let me help!"

"What the hell could you do!? I'm a monster who cannot even open her eyes." She snapped back two rocket launchers appearing on her shoulders. "Don't worry; Kingpin will get me all the help I need when I bring you in." 

Crouching down, I readied a fight again as the rockets were fired. Jumping over the first, I webbed the second, spinning it around and sending it right back at the Beetle, exploding in her face. Now stunned, this was my moment to finish this; leaping at her with a readied punch, my Spider-Sense went off again as a long plastic tentacle slammed me into the ground. Unable to move, I groaned as Octavius stood over me. "What do we have here?"