twelve

❈

A person with gleaming skin, eyes shut and confused body language was standing frozen in quite an awkward position. 

He seemed all fancy a second ago but that didn't last well. He was now in grave perplexion.

"Help..?" was the only word he could utter.

"Where, am, I, even?"  he mentally slammed himself for using the wrong order of words for he was in such a state of shock. He paused between each word.

Donghyuck didn't know why he had been here. This particular place. He accidentally stopped time and stumbled upon somewhere he didn't knew even existed.

He was just in agony, pain, melancholy, irritation, trauma. The one person who called her Haechan just experienced something so life-shattering that he couldn't believe himself. 

"Haemi."

Haemi..

He remembered her beautiful face again and a smile formed up on his lips until a tear drop slowly made its way down the cheek, down to the lips.

He could taste the salt from his eyes watering, drop by drop.

The salt which could nevermore be sweet now. 

Even then, the tears fell. His heart remained broken. His soul not believing any of it.

He slowly looked around finally opening his eyes only for sun shining so bright right into his eyes, he thought he'd go blind.

It was so odd though.. Sunshine at 3am?

Scrunching, his eyes tried to inspect every corner they could perceive, as if they're searching for something so desperately.

He could see so many people he had left frozen because he had stopped time-

Wait.. He had stopped time.. He realized this soon after and panic numbed his whole body.

"Oh shit. I still have stopped time! "

"What do I do? What do I do?"

Looking around helplessly, desperately but his eyes stopped at that one person.

That one person who was left unaffected even with his time stopping in the distance when he saw her. 

She was here with the phantoms and they were right behind her too, walking a confident walk that exuded confidence in freedom.

Yuqi was in delight and glee and so were WayV. They were just talking here and there, a few words.

Donghyuck's eyes widened up at the girl.

 And his could just shape up one word in question, utter shock.

"Haemi?"

And that girl just made eye contact with him for a brief lapse of time with her brown eyes to his brown eyes. 

Confusion in all shades of her world and woes against all up his sorrow-filled eyes.

Donghyuck train of thoughts had been clouded and the only thought that was driving his prolonged train was made up of one clear, stubborn to him, melancholy sentence.

That unbeknownst entity to him. 

That girl.

She totally looked like her. 

No..

Rather, I should say.

Yuqi looked exactly like Haemi.

He laughed a bit at the sight of Haemi, and only Haemi is what his eyes could see.

Donghyuck ran over to Yuqi like a little kid happily dashing over to a colourful item to develop his adoration for it.

He couldn't literally believe his sight.

He saw Haemi. She was right in front of him well and good.

On the other hand, Yuqi's confusion grew even more by the second as he closed the proximity with absolute joy in his eyes.

He touched her cheek and giggled. He let the flow of her name roll on his tongue.

"Haemi." he said with a tear drop rolling down his eye.

At this moment, he knew. What had been done couldn't be undone now.

Haemi's gone. 

And by the touch of Donghyuck's hand that bereft of her affection, Yuqi was now frozen with the time.

Donghyuck just ran away, for it was too much for him. 

Tearful eyes wanting to escape from this world.

And, he did escape from here, as if his wish had been answered.

He vanished away with time.

note ~ very imp for the ch !!

nirvana here~

so.. this is an ecstasy countdown crossover (my other book with haechan in it)

haemi's the protagonist with donghyuck, if anyone is wondering.

this whole ch relates to 'ephemeral' in no ways. except, that it was to confuse yuqi for a moment there hehe-

it's a hint for the future chapters for 'ecstasy countdown' as 'ephemeral' is nearing its end.

okay have a great time reading !!

loveya <33