xi. home

The grandparents were in Europe this Friday, so the Gilmore girls were free to do whatever they wanted. When they found out, they got immediately happy. It was a Wednesday night and they were jumping around to the feeling of freedom. However, they had no plans, no ideas, nothing in their minds, because it had been a long time before they didn't go to dinner with the grandparents on Friday. They sat on the couch thinking about what to do for a good half an hour, until Lorelai had a suggestion.

"Why don't you go out with Tristan?"

"But I thought we were going to do something together, the three of us. I won't lie, that was my first thought, but... I kind of want to be with you."

"It's a Friday night, you should be with your boyfriend, not your mother and sister." Rory added.

It was the first time Tristan was called boyfriend inside the house.

"But you're my best friends!"

"And you're my daughter and I demand you to call your boyfriend right now!"

"I don't know... What about Mr. Medina, I mean, Max?" Lorelai made a 'let's not talk about that' face. Rory grabbed the phone and handed it to her. Emma wasn't sure yet. "What if I invite him here? He has never been to Stars Hollow."

"The last tour you gave to someone didn't go so well." Rory reminded her.

"I don't think Tristan will have a mental breakdown after seeing a tool shed." Lorelai made the observation. "Actually, I think it's a great idea. You said he really wants to meet Taylor."

"Yeah, he thinks I'm lying every time I talk about the cinematic experience that is the town meetings. He needs the Stars Hollow experience, maybe that'll wash the stuck-upness away." Emma looks at the phone. "I'm going to call him."

✯✯✯

Tristan arrived in the small town a few hours ago. Right now, he was holding Emma's hand as they walked to the town meeting. Lorelai and Rory walked a few meters behind.

"Am I finally meeting Taylor?" He asked excitedly.

"Yes. Prepare to be amazed."

They entered Miss Patty's dance studio, the place where the town meetings were taken.

"Enough of this arguing! It's time to put this to a vote!" Taylor's voice filled the room. Everybody quieted down the noise after it. "Alright, now, let' see a show of hands. All those in favor..."

"Oh rats. It started already!" Lorelai said as the four people walked in.

"All those opposed..."

Lorelai raised her hand.

"Lorelai, you don't even know what we're voting on." Taylor complains.

"Yeah, but I'm agin' it!" She does an accent as she speaks. Everybody on those wooden chairs laughed.

"Alright, the nays have it. Let the record reflect it." Taylor accepted surrender. Tristan and the Gilmore found empty seats. "Lorelai, I hope that's not food in those bags. Food is not allowed in town meetings."

"No, Taylor. It's, hum.. diapers for the little ones."

"The what?"

"Dorsal fins and Cucamonga."

"What did she say?" Taylor turned to Miss Patty trapped by confusion.