(rolling stone)

Loading

Loading...

"Born in Stars Hollow, a small town in Connecticut, 'Oblivion' is the new sensation in the music industry. Their first single 'Brand New City' has been in the Billboard 20 for the last 2 months. It's an insane thing for an underground band to reach this kind of success when they're so young and just starting out, but good music is good music, no one can't deny that.

On the 13th of October, their debut album 'Under the waves in the blue of oblivion' will be released. The lead-singer and guitarist, Emma Gilmore, told us the name of the album is inspired by a Fiona Apple song, 'Sullen girl', which is where the name of their band also came from.

'I think it's a cool full-circle thing to have. We've been playing together for 6 years now and these years have been the best of my life. I don't want to forget them. So, in this album, we've puzzled songs from all these years and, I think, the pieces go together perfectly.'

Lane Kim, the drummer, explained to us what are the main themes of the album.

'It's mostly about teenage hood. In friendship, in family, in love, in heartbreak, in religion and inside our heads. We wanted to capture the youth, but this album is for everyone. It doesn't matter the age or the gender or whatever it is. Everybody relates to the feeling of loneliness or loss, having million insecurities and growing up.'

Our interviewer asked the band which song is their favorite. Dave Rygalski, the lead-guitarist, said it's 'Don't get the deal'. Brian Fuller, the bassist, said it's 'Me and my dog'. Lane's favorite song is 'Nonbeliever' and Emma's is 'The blue'. In October 13 will find out our favorite.

Here's an exclusive look at the front and back design of 'Under the waves in the blue of oblivion'.

(front cover)

(back cover)

Stay tuned, eyes and ears open, to watch these stars rise into greatness. It's only the beginning, however, I'm sure success is the only outcome of their pathway."

Roling Stone Magazine.