Elias Lokison's POV • High School

"Hey, guys," Terif says in her usual laid-back, yet princessly way. "Have any of you seen Zaria? I haven't seen her all day."

"She's got BOI duty," Howard replies, shrugging. "You know how long those take."

Roderick laughs. "Boy duty?"

I grin at him."No, no, no. B-O-I, not "Boy". Weird, right? It was Derek's idea for the name."

"It stands for 'Board of Inquisitors'," Derek says, smiling like a boy about to tell a really dumb joke-- Oh, wait. He is. "It's a panel, sort of like a jury, that--"

"They interview new students--freshmen, exchange students, transfers-- before they're enrolled and accepted. It's for the purpose of getting to know the student, evaluating their skills, taking assessments, things like that. The panel is made up entirely of already-enrolled students and are selected as one would be selected for jury duty-- the whole bias test, reassurances and background checks thing. They needed a name for it--" Eugene interrupts, receiving a livid glare from Coulson and he immediately falls silent.

Then Derek interrupts Eugene's disrupting interruption of his corny joke. "Anyway." Another glare is flicked in Banner's direction. "They needed a name for it, so I came up with 'Board of Inquisitors', just so we could call it BOI." He laughs loudly with his good-natured, contagious laughter. "So, say Principal Fury and the school board chose a panel with a few skaters in it. They would be the Skater BOI."

Laerika laughs, shaking her head. "You're so weird." She turns to Rod. "Wait, didn't you have to go through it?"

"Well, yeah," Rod says with a shrug. "I just wasn't informed that it was called the uhm . . the 'BOI'." He smirks.