Five: Malachi

As the words left my tongue, I could not resist the desires of my heart and allowed my lips to gently brush against her exposed neck. She was more beautiful than anything I've ever seen before, and truly, I never wanted to look away for deep within me; I feared the wind might carry her away from me. 

Away from my pleading heart...

"Get off of me!" She shouted while her body began to squirm desperately, trying to flee the cage my body has formed around her. In this moment, I wanted to call out her name and demand that the wildcat within her be silenced. However, I did not know her name, but I wish I did. Truthfully, I wished a lot of things. But as I received an elbow to the jaw from the wildcat beneath me, I knew this was not the time for such useless thoughts.

A groan was audible from within me as I peeled myself off her near nude body. I'd done my best the last couple of days to ignore her perfect body, and I would be a liar if I said it was easy. But I knew better than to fall into lust, and besides that, this woman was far too perfect to be lusted after. To lust after her would be like to kill a butterfly. She is worth more than sexual thoughts, and I can't wait to give her the future she deserves. The words 'thank you' have left my lips countless times in the last couple of days, for I was over the moon with joy that God has blessed me with such a stunning and mysterious woman.

She was like a firefly. Her soul was filled with the flame of a fire and danced around in the night as if she belonged to it. In the darkened shadows her beauty was admired and to those who had the privilege of witnessing her soulful dance of beauty and grace were blessed beyond measures that they could not understand in the heat of her heavenly presence. But like the firefly her passion of her flame disappears when the sun arose to claim the earth as it's own, trapped in a cage her flame may be tamed but her beauty cannot be ignored for even the sun cannot deny this angel's beauty. Envious, the sun might be, but a lie cannot escape from it's burning lips for to lie would be to sin and to sin is to be condemned to hell.

It had been only three days since our fateful night on the beach of Moonshine Lake. It was merely an accident that I even caught sight of her heavenly form. It was supposed to have just been another mission, steal as much as we could to keep the farm afloat and leave. They were normally easy for Tobias was smart when he picked the houses we targeted, all of them were mostly summer homes, and no one was ever home. The only witnesses we ever had to worry about were houseplants. But this job was different. When scouting the house days prior, Tobias and Asher had reported that it was empty, but they were mistaken. We arrived, and we all were equally surprised to be surrounded by multiple people, but rather multiple witnesses. However, as fate would have it, my brothers took charge of the situation and, like a dog, put me on watch duty. A situation I had grumbled about at the time, but now I am truly grateful for; for it was how I met my wife.

I'd nearly missed the chance, for I was simply doing a perimeter check when I had caught sight of a pregnant woman and a man. I was about to begin following them when another woman caught my attention. She stripped off her dress made of gold and, like a siren, took to the water as if it were her second home. I knew I needed to leave her alone and follow the couple, but like a moth drawn to the flame of a fire, I could not tare my eyes from her. And against my better judgment, I emerged from the forest in which was my shelter and followed her. The intent was to simply watch her from afar, but when she disappeared underneath the water for nearly a minute, I knew something was wrong and without so much as a second thought I tore my shirt from my body and dove into the water to save the only angel I have ever seen.

Sighing, I shook myself from the past and brought myself back to the present, "Asher, go get a bucket of water and a few spare towels from the bathhouse and bring them to the shed." I ordered for I knew out of my three brothers who stood only feet away, he would be the only one who wouldn't protest my orders.