MOM IS COMING (2)

Crystal's Mom POV
I just stood there as Crystal poured her heart out to me, because that was something I had never seen her do since her dad died and I saw the pain in her voice as she said those things to me and went upstairs to her room.

I just sat down to process everything that had just happened and felt my heart aching when my secretary gave me a handkerchief to clean my tears and I thanked her and she proceeded to speak.

'I'm sorry for trying to bud into your family matters but I'd like to say something. I think Crystal has been hiding all these things inside because she was scared of what would happen if she had told you earlier' she told me.
'What?! Why would she be scared of me?' I said while drying the tears of my eyes.
'Well, she knew that you were going through a lot at the office and didn't want to worry you but deep down she always wanted to tell you all this and I know cause it was same for my elder brother and my dad' she said and I knew who she was talking about.
'You mean Donald who's a lawyer. What happened between them?' I asked.
'My dad wanted Donald to become a doctor like him but he wanted to be a lawyer because he taught they were cool for standing up for justice. My dad didn't like it but Donald knew that being a doctor wouldn't make him happy like a lawyer would and went to study law against my dad's wishes. They didn't talk to each other since when Donald was in college but my dad still paid his tuition every semester. When he finally finished at college and started working for a law firm, he eventually got his first case and he worked hard and he won that case. My dad was there and was also very proud of him for fulfilling his dreams and being happy even if he wasn't supportive at the beginning. He was even more happy when my younger sister decided to become a doctor like him' she said and I smiled.

'He must have really wanted him to become a doctor' I said and she nodded.
'Yes and it's the same for Crystal also. She wasn't able to say what she wanted because she was either scared or sad of what you would think of her own choices. But as she grew up she knew that she wasn't going to be happy if she only did what you asked her to do' she said and I realized something.
'I never knew it was like that. She never complained even when I asked her' I said feeling a little guilty for not knowing what was going on with Crystal.
'It's alright. Maybe she was waiting for the right time to do so and also considering your own feelings too. But now she's old enough to make her own choices and it might hurt seeing her do so cause you had done everything for her but that also means you had raised a really bright child and it's time for you to let her go and it's your job now to support her' she said and it was really comforting too.
'Thank you Mia for all you've said. I think I get it now and it will hurt but I will have to support her from now on' I said as I decided to go talk to Crystal in a room.

Crystal's POV
I left my mom as I opened the door to my room and slammed it behind me and I sat down as I cried my heart out and wished that dad was here to comfort me because he was the only one who understood.

Just then I saw a call and it was the boys and I picked it up.

'Crystal, what's wrong? Are you crying?' they all asked all worried.
'I'm sorry guys but I just couldn't do it. I can't do it. She doesn't and will never understand me' I said amidst the tears.
'Crystal, it's alright. You don't have to blame yourself. She may not recognize it now but she will sooner or later and when she does she would see how strong and amazing you are' I heard Chan said and I let out a smile.
'Thank you Channie oppa. And thank all of you' I said as they all cheered me up and I heard footsteps as I told them that someone was coming upstairs and ended the call.

I heard a knock and I asked who it was and my mom answered.

'Crystal, it's me, mom. I'm sorry for not hearing you out all this time because I thought that you were taking the wrong steps when I should've just listened to what you had to say' she said to me.
'I always wanted you to hear me out mom but you never did. I always wanted to tell you earlier but I was scared of what you would think of it but I knew that if I didn't it would always remain this way but you got mad and didn't talk to me for months and I thought you didn't want my happiness' I told her and I could hear her cry from outside my room.
'Crystal, I'm really sorry. I should've listened but I just only thought about the company and never about your choices. Please, can you let me in so we could talk?' she pleaded and I decided to open the door as she was ready to hear what I wanted to say.