CHAPTER THREE: NOTHING LIKE THIS.

NO ONE'S POV.

Harry fidgets with his dress robes as he stands by his date for the evening. Luna Lovegood. It feels strange to that fact that he's never been away from Aria and Axel for so long. Luna was his first choice in a date considering the fact that she likes girls and Harry like boys, it seemed like the perfect choice since Luna couldn't gain a crush on him. 

He got sent another Ministry invitation and, like always, he's yet again the guest of honour at this event. Dumbledore suggested in his last letter that he had to go because everyone is starting to get suspicious as to where he went. There was nothing he could...so he said. So here he was, in front of a lot of people, anxiously chewing his bottom lip and fiddling with his dress robes. It was some of his worse habits.

"Stop that, Harry." Luna scolds him, still manages to sound distant when she speaks as she swats his hand away from his black bowtie. "You're making a mess of your outfit."

Harry grunts, shoulders slumping in defeat. He's still not used to this. He doubts he'll ever get used to this. He hates when everyone just acts like wholeheartedly agrees with him. Why can't they just act like themselves? There a bunch of fucking hypocrites; the whole lot of them. Even Harry began to feel like a fraud. He missed the twins. Not that he didn't trust Sirius and remus, he just felt empty when they weren't with him. Thinking about it, this was the first event that he went to by himself since the twins were born.

"Where the hell are they?" Harry grumbles, looking around for any sign of Ron or Hermione. If he spots them, he knows that he needs to put an act on. They agreed to meet outside so that Hermione could give Harry a quick run through of his speech as though it hasn't been three years since they last saw each other. Harry disagreed right away. Even when Ron politely asked. He recited the bloody thing to himself so much that he could recite it in his sleep. Why does he need to feel so responsible as to give a stupid speech? 

Harry chews that inside of his cheek; his hand shoved inside of his trouser pocket, fiddling with the piece of parchment that contains a different version of the same word vomit that he's repeated like a fucking parrot since he got the invitation. He scoffs to himself then, realising that the public probably didn't give a rats arse about what he says so long as it is he, Harry sodding Potter, saying it.

"Finally!" He whisper-yelled.

Luna looks up towards where Harry points and instantly spots Ron and Hermione. Ron's bright red hair gave them away straight away. Despite how tense he is, Harry slightly sags in relief when he registers that he could now test his acting skills. There was already a great amount of people making their way into the ballroom, but Luna had them hide in a small alcove that affords Harry some chance of privacy, hiding them from the almost rabid attention of the attendees.

Warm affection swells in Harry's chest as he gazes down at Luna, who's now standing beside him, looking gorgeous in her red sequin gown with her blonde hair in waves that hand just below her shoulders. He loves Luna as a sister. He knows that she never lied to him. Not like they did.

At the moment, neither of them were seriously dating anyone. Occasionally, whenever Luna was on a break from work, she'd accompany Harry to these stupid Ministry events to keep up with his appearance. It often left the public confused as to the true nature of their relationship. The Daily Profit is only to delighted to keep insinuating that the two are secretly together. And neither Harry nor Luna seem to correct the obviously erroneous assumptions. They simply think that it's the funnest thing. It gives them both the excuse to have a good laugh too about it. 

Ron finally catches sight of Luna and Harry and brightens, dragging a tight-smiled Hermione along with him. The crowd immediately notices the other two-thirds of the 'golden trio', making Harry cringe in anger as Ron and Hermione are practically mobbed with well-wishes and excited chatter. They shouldn't be allowed to be happy when they lied to him about so much. How do keep pretending like everything's okay?