CHAPTER TWELVE: WAKING UP.

IM REALLY SORRY THAT I HAVENT POSTED A CHAPTER IN A WHILE. BUT IVE WORKED REALLY HARD ON THIS. ONE OF YOU REQUESTED THAT DRAFO WAKE UP WITH HARRY NEXT TO HIM, SO THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE. I DIDNT KNOW WEATHER THAT PERSON WANTED A SHOUTOUT BUT IF YOU DO, PLEASE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL IN MY NEXT CHAPTER! HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!
*****************************************************
When Draco woke up and he felt dizzy and disoriented. He had no idea why until it all clicked and he shot up, nearly falling out of the single bed that he was in. The sheets felt silky. The instant burning sensation on the whole of his back made his eyes water. He tried to ignore it. "Scorpius." He rasped out, before frantically focussing on the hospital room around him. Where was his son? Was he alright? It didn't even occur to him that he had a tube hanging from his nose or the steady beeps of the ventilator beside him letting him know that he hadn't died. Where was Scorp!? Quickly he tried to untangle himself from the bedsheets whilst being hooked up to all of the equipment. "Scorpius..." He called out softly. "Scorpius!" This time it came out louder. Where was his son? He can't find him! The last thing that Draco remembered was being trapped in that fire. Had someone saved him? Did they save his son too?

It was at that moment that he felt two soft hands gently grab his shoulders and push him back so he was laying back down, with a hand running through his hair, calling him down. "Shhh...Draco it's okay....Your safe."

Draco finally managed to get his breathing under control and looked up into two sparkling emerald eyes that were watching him intently. "Harry?..."

"Yeah. It's okay. Your safe now. You can breath."

He closed his eyes and sighed in relief only to have himself snap his eyes back open and, despite the pain, he sat up and grabbed Harry's hand. "Where's my son!?"

"Hey...Hey...He's just fine. He's over there. I got one of the nurses to add a crib to the corner of the room. I thought it would be better then him sleeping at mine without you." Harry reassured him soothingly whilst pointing to the other end of the room at the lightly coloured crib.

Draco pulled away as sharply as Humanely possible despite the pain and shoved Harry in the process just so he could get s good look in tue crib at his son. Scorpius lay there in a deep slumber, clinging to a teddy bear that he had never seen before, barely a scratch upon his skin.

"See.... He's fine." Harry spoke softly from behind him. Draco had been so focused on his son that he hadn't had the time to even notice Harry creep up behind him.

Relief rushed through every bone in Draco body as he kept gazing down at his nearly two year old son. Scorpius looked so innocent and carefree, had a completely new onesie on and not a single speck of dirt was on him. It was like nothing had happened to them. Like he was never in a fire to begin with. "Thank god..." He sighed softly. "Thank god!"

Harry just had enough time to catch Draco as he legs gave out and he started sobbing, he turned around in the hold and clung as tight as possible to Harry. Tears came fast as all the relief and fear drained out of him.

Harry floundered on what to do. It felt like he was comforting Granger all over again. Only...this was real. He hardly ever comforted people. His choldren never really had a reason to cry. Maybe it was all the trauma that the Dursley's put him through. Maybe that was a reason as to why he felt so uncomfortable when people cried. He really tried his best. He took Draco into his Arms gently and awkwardly parted him on the back. "It's okay...you can stop crying now."

Draco let out a choked laugh before wiping his eyes. "You suck at comforting people, Potter."

"I've never really had to comfort people. Apart from Granger...but that was just fake. This is the first time I've had a person in my Arms and crying all over my shirt."