CHAPTER SIX: FINALLY HOME.

Draco heard the sound of someone making their way towards his destination. It was quieter at first but then it got louder...and louder. Til they were just around the corner. Now, normally he wouldn't panic if her heard someone coming but that particular day some shits had decided to make things extra fun by making his day horrible. If you could even call it horrible. 

A group of no more than five Hogwarts students were standing over Malfoy, whose left arm is angled in an unnatural way, possibly sprained or broken. It looked horrible. Malfoy was a right mess. The pain only got worse. His robe is ripped; his uniform in disarray. He curls in on himself as one of the teenage boys, a fucking Gryffindor, delivers another vicious kick to his ribs. How he let a Gryffindor beat him up he will never know. Maybe it was the feeling of disappointment that did it. Malfoy grunts, breathless as he attempts to shield his torso with his remaining good arm.

"What's wrong Malfoy? Are you or are you not a Wizard? Where's your wand?" Another one, a Ravenclaw, taunts, while the others stand there laughing.

"Oh wait...That's right...Death Eaters shouldn't be allowed their own wands so i took it." The boy continues, voice dripping with venom.

Malfoy struggles to push himself up, arm shaking; his white-blonde hair matted to his forehead with blood dripping from it. Malfoy looks up and stares blankly at his attackers. His pale eyes are a dull grey, empty and lifeless. It all started when Malfoy's Dad got put in Azkaban because of the fact that the Ministry found evidence that proves that his Father was a Death Eater. People automatically assumed that he was one too. Malfoy is nothing but an empty shell of himself. He's nothing  at all like he once was. The fire within his body had long died out.

The Ravenclaw boy scoffs and points his wand at Malfoy's face, but before he could let loose any curse or hex, he crumples to the ground, stunned. Surprised, the other boys whirl around and finally see Harry Potter standing a few feet away, wand held loosely, green eyes as hard as Emeralds in his fury; his magic crackling around him like a cloak of static electricity.

"I'm not even going to fucking ask because I've clearly seen enough." Potter mutters, voice cold. Malfoy could see that Potter could recognise them all.

The boys froze on the spot; their faces are masks of trepidation as they stare at the angry Gryffindor.

"Take that wanker that so much as points a wand at someone and get the fuck out of my face. Your no better than Death Eaters." Potter snarls, jerking his chin at the Ravenclaw boy that was currently lying across the hallway floor.

The youths scramble, terrified, each grabbing a part of their friends body. They all stumble in their haste to get away, dragging the stunned boy on the floor with them. The green eyes teenager turns, twirling his wand in his fingers as he watches them leave as quickly as they could. Once they're out of sight, Potter take a glance at Draco and finds him leaning up against the wall behind him, cradling the band arm to his chest. His face is completely blank as he watches Potter. The only sign of wariness that he gave the Gryffindor is the tense set of his slender shoulders.

Malfoy sighs inwardly as he watches his enemy slowly approach him like he was afraid to get to close. He crouches down before the blonde and squarely meets his gaze. "Where's you wand Malfoy?"

The blonde glances at his right arm. Potter looks down and see the wand, holstered, peeking from underneath Draco's sleeve.

Frowning, Potter looks up, eyes intent as he stares down at Malfoy. "Why didn't you use it?"

Draco just shrugs, averting his gaze away, gazing blankly at the far wall of the empty corridor.

Draco swallows back another sigh, rubbing his free hand over his eyes. When he looks up, Potter's cautiously watching him. The blonde wonders how much he looks young and fragile at the moment. He could almost hear his Father's voice in his head explaining that Malfoy should never show anyone weakness.