Chapter five

IT's January, you know what that means, schools starting up again after a long good Christmas break. Through out the break Spencer and Lia hung out pretty much everyday, they did pretty much everything.

Today was the first day of school for the second semester. Lias classes stayed the same as last semester. Which means she gets to see Spencer.

Lia's feelings for Spencer were growing fast and she didn't know what to do. She didn't have her mom or any friends to talk to about her problems. Yeah she had her brothers but they would just be overprotective, well except Sam of course he would just make fun of me but Luke and James would be overprotective.

Spencer and Lia talked all day yesterday about art class, they had found out that they had a partner project again but this time it was only for two weeks instead of the whole semester like the other one.

Lia walked into school and immediately noticed that Spencer wasn't there. She tried texting him, but he didn't respond. As the day went on, Lia became more and more worried. Lia couldn't help but think that something had happened to him.

After school, Lia decided to go to Spencer's house to check on him. She knocked on the door, and when Spencer opened it, she could see that he had a big cut on his lip and his face was a little bruised up.

"Oh my god, Spencer, what happened?" Lia asked, her heart racing.

Spencer looked down, not wanting to meet her eyes. "It's nothing, Lia. Just don't worry about it".

"Come on, let's go inside. I'll get you some ice for your lip," Lia said, leading Spencer into the house.

As she helped Spencer clean up his injuries, Lia tried to talk to him about what had happened. Spencer was evasive, not wanting to tell Lia that his dad has been abusing him since his mom died. So he remained silent.

Over the next few days, Lia noticed that Spencer was becoming more withdrawn. He wasn't answering her texts as quickly, and he seemed to be avoiding her at school.

"Spencer" Lia called for him.

"Lia let's just get to my house to work on homework" Spencer said.

Lia wanted to talk to Spencer but he didn't want to talk about what happened the other day.

Lia had a feeling something was going on at home. This was the second time Spencer had a busted lip and a bruised face, the first time Lia didn't say anything because Spencer told her he had fallen and had hurt himself but now Lia doesn't think so.

When they got to Spencer's house they started working on homework. Well Lia wasn't working because she couldn't focus at all.

Lia wanted to ask Spencer about his dad possibly abusing him, but Lia knew Spencer and Spencer totally would decline it. So Lia decided to ask anyways.

"Hey Spencer can I talk to you about something" Lia asked.

"Sure what's up" he replied

"I'm sorry if this is too personal, but I've been wondering if your dad has been abusing you" lia asked.

"What do you mean? Spencer asked.

"Well when I came over the other day you were all bruised up and I know you would never get that bruised up from falling" lia said.

"No, he hasn't. Why would you ask that" Spencer asked.

"Because Spencer your dad has anger issues and had gotten mad at us that one time I was over" Lia replied

"And it's been twice that you had a bruised face"

"Well nothing is happening Lia just stay out of my problems" Spencer said getting angry.

"Spencer this isn't right, I care about you and I want to know if your dad is abusing you or not" Lia said.

"God why can't you stay out of my business when I say to, no my dad doesn't abuse me, you should leave" Spencer said.

"Spencer come on we can talk about it" Lia said

"Lia I said leave now" Spencer said walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry Spencer" Lia said leaving.

Lia gets ready for bed, but she can't stop thinking about Spencer. She feels sad that he's not answering her calls after what happened earlier. She wonders if she should have just kept her mouth shut and not said anything.

"Why did I have to bring up something so personal? I should have just kept my mouth shut. Now Spencer is mad at me and won't even talk to me" lia thinks.

As she lays in bed, Lia tries to distract herself by reading a book. But she can't concentrate. She keeps thinking about Spencer and what she can do to make things right.

"Maybe I should just give him some space. He's probably just upset right now. I'll try calling him again tomorrow" lia thinks again.

Lia calls Spencer but he doesn't answer. Lia decided to give Spencer some space and talk to him later.

This is chapter 5, I was gonna wait but decided not too lol. So this book will probably have more time skips but they won't be like a big time skip it would probably just be like a couple of weeks later or something like that.

So next chapter is when we find out that Spencer is being abused. I won't go into like extreme details obviously I'll just have Spencer tell Lia the truth and then other stuff for that chapter.

I have a feeling that this book will have around 12 chapters since I'm only going until they graduate high school and then I'll be doing time skips to their future.

I think I have found a way to have Lia and Spencer get into dating. I'm hoping my plan for them works out lol.

For my falling in love book I'm not for sure when I'll update again, I have chapter two done but I'm trying to find a better cover and I mighttt change the topic again lol I'm just not feeling "falling in love" lol. But I'll still write it and update it.

I'm attempting to get my other books ready but I still have things to do for them and I'm focusing on getting this book done.

Thank you for 600 reads!!!!

Have a great dayyyy!!!!