Chapter 8

Spencer and Lia had made a decision to go on a brief road trip, away from the all the problems of school and the various activities that occupied their time. They had found lodging at a quaint hotel, and spent their days engaging in a variety of activities, including a visit to an art museum, which was, of course, Lia's choice.

Despite the carefree nature of their trip, both Spencer and Lia were aware that when they return home, Spencer would be confronted by Luke regarding a conversation he had with his boss. The impending discussion weighed heavily on Spencer's mind.

Lia turned to Spencer and asked, "What do you think Luke and his boss are going to do?" Spencer paused for a moment before responding, "I'm not entirely sure, but I'm hopeful that they will take action to address the situation." 

Lia understood the gravity of this conversation for Spencer, and she was grateful for the long car ride ahead of them. It would provide an opportunity for them to discuss other topics, ones that didn't revolve around his father.

After a long drive and numerous conversations exchanged between Lia and Spencer, they finally arrived at home. As they stepped into the house, they were greeted by the sight of Sam seated at the table.

"Hey guys, how was the trip?" Sam asks. Lia and Spencer turned their attention towards him, their faces reflecting a mix of exhaustion and exhilaration. Spencer replied, "It was great." His words carried a sense of satisfaction. "What did you guys do when we were gone" asked Lia. 

"We pretty much did nothing. James was lazy the whole weekend though doing nothing".

"Well that's James for you" Lia says walking to get something to drink. Spencer was dreading to talk to Luke but knew that he needed too. "Is Luke home?" Spencer asks. 

"Yeah, he's in his office if you want to talk to him" James says walking into the kitchen.  

"I'm gonna go talk to him about what him and his boss talked about" Spencer told Lia. "Ok, I'll be in here" Lia replied. 

"So what's going on between you and Spencer" asked James. James and Sam were curious about whether Spencer and Lia were dating. It was obvious that they had feelings for each other, but James hesitated to bring it up until Sam convinced him to ask Lia.

"Nothing is going on between us. I like him of course but we have too many things to worry about right now" Lia replies.

Sam asks Lia, "What are you worried about?" Lia replies, "I'm worried about graduating in less than a month and not knowing which school to choose. Also, dealing with Spencer's dad is a bigger problem than college." 

"You will figure out for both things, Have you at least applied to schools yet?" James ask. "Yes, but it's hard to decide when I want to go some place close to Spencer and close to you guys too" Lia replies. 

That's what was hard for Lia,  she had a tough time choosing a college because she wanted to be near her brothers and Spencer. She didn't want to go too far away, but she didn't know where Spencer was going. She knew that she needed  to talk to Spencer about it later.

After some time, Spencer and Luke came out from having their big discussion about Spencer's father's situation. Lia knew that Spencer would tell her what was going to happen and she, being the person she is, wanted to know asap so she made Spencer and her go to Lia's room.

"So what did Luke say" Lia asked sitting on her bed, being an impatient person.

"He said that I'm gonna have to talk to someone on the police force to get my dad put away for child abuse. There's also a possibility that I'll have to testify against him and you might have to be a witness for when I tell them. He also thinks that I should stay somewhere else besides my house." Spencer replies sitting next to Lia. 

"Spencer, I will be with you the whole way no matter what. I will go to court and testify for you without hesitation, because all I want is to help you in any way I can. And I truly believe that Luke will kindly welcome you and provide a safe place for you here." Lia tells Spencer. " Thank you for sticking by my side through all of this Lia." Spencer says giving Lia a hug. 

Lia would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy this hug, she enjoyed the hug so much that she could stay like this forever. Spencer also enjoyed the hug. It was a very much need hug for both of them that they didn't let go for a long time.

Here's chapter 8 finally. I've been busy with school and other things that I just haven't had time to finish a chapter. I have the rest of my chapters planned out I just need to write them into chapters. This week is gonna be somewhat busy for me but I'm hoping to get the chapters ready so I can get this book completed. I'm planning on having about 22 chapters and when im done with this book I will focus on my other ones. I'm hoping by the end of this year I will have this book done. 

For my other books, between my mark sloan book and my PLL book I'm going to probably focus on my mark book more than the PLL I will still update the PLL book from time to time but just not as often. I do have some other books I mind but will not start those until im done with my mark book which will be a long time since im planning on writing that book until about season 11 or maybe 12 ( I haven't decided for sure yet). 

It's crazy that it's October and only two months away from being a new year which is crazy to me since this year has gone pretty fast.  

Thanks for reading and have a great dayyyy.