Chapter 9

Spencer has been staying with Lia and her brothers for over a week. He has to sleep in the guest room and is not allowed to enter Lia's room at night. Spencer and Luke have been discussing what he should tell the police when he speaks to them.

"So how is the guest bedroom." Lia asks. "It's a nice room, it smells great too. I wish I could stay in your room though." Spencer replies smirking at Lia. 

Since Lia and Spencer hugged, they have been flirting with each other. They hugged a few times and even cuddled during a movie night.

"Spencer you know the rules and we definitely can't tell my brothers about the other night" Lia says sitting down at her desk.

"All we did was cuddle, it's not like they would throw a fit about it. They would probably be happy for us" Spencer said sitting next to Lia. 

Lia and Spencer did their art project in class. Spencer had to go to the office while they were working. Lia got worried because Spencer didn't come for lunch and didn't reply to her texts.

Lia had a day without any messages or calls from Spencer. When she got home, she discovered that Spencer had to go to the police station to write a report about his father and everything. 

"Did Luke go with Spencer to the police station" Lia asks Sam in his room.

 "Yeah, but he can't be in the room with Spencer" Sam replies. 

"Do you think Spencer is gonna be ok?" Lia asked.

 "He should be, he has us if he ever needs something. He definitely has you especially the other night when you guys were watching a movie" Sam says smirking at Lia. 

"I have no idea what your talking about" Lia says.

"Yes you do, I was thirsty so I was coming down to get a drink and I saw you guys cuddling, don't worry I won't tell Luke" Sam says walking out of his room. 

"Sam if you tell Luke or James I'll tell them about that one time you threw a party when you weren't supposed to. You and I both know that if Luke finds out about that party he'll be mad at you more than me" Lia says following Sam out of the room. 

"If you say anything then we are both in trouble because technically you could still get in trouble too for knowing that I threw a party" Sam says back. 

"I wouldn't get in trouble since I wasn't the one who threw the party, it was you like always" Lia replies walking into the kitchen, wanting to be done with the argument already. 

"How about I make a deal with you because I want to be done with this argument before Luke and Spencer gets back, how about you don't say anything about Spencer and I cuddling and I won't tell anyone about the party" 

"Fine, but if you say one word about that party I will tell Luke about your little cuddle session" Sam says walking away. 

Lia and Sam argue frequently over stupid matters. Although they love each other, they tend to have heated arguments when it comes to keeping secrets or hiding their wrongdoings from Luke.

A little while later Spencer and Luke returned from the police station. Lia hugged Spencer and asked if he was okay. After Spencer reassured her, they went to Lia's room to discuss what happened at the police station.

"You know I should be mad at you for not texting me where you went, I was worried something happened to you Spencer"Lia says sitting down. 

"I know I'm sorry, I should have but I didn't want to worry you but you would have worried either way" Spencer says sitting next to her. 

"I just want to make sure you're ok because you're my best friend and we have to be there for each other" Lia says. 

"I'm glad that I'm your best friend" Spencer says. 

Before they could continue their conversation, Luke interrupted and called both of them downstairs for dinner. While eating, they all discussed their day and how work went for James and Sam. When Spencer and Lia were done eating they both went upstairs to do homework that they had.  

"Spence, you should come help me with this math homework since you're great at math" Lia says  laying on her bed. 

"You really think that I can do math, the only reason i'm good at it is because I get cheating apps" Spencer says walking over to her bed.

"um thats not good that you cheat" Lia says making room for Spencer.

"I know but I got to be smart some how"Spencer says laughing.

It had been two hours of Spencer and Lia working on homework, and between those two hours they had gotten closer on the bed. Lia knew that Spencer needed to go back to his room but she also didn't want him to leave.  "Hate to say this but you have to go to your room before Luke finds us like this, especially after bed time" Lia said looking at Spencer. Lia wasn't going to admit this but she did like the way Spencer's lips looked. 

"I think we look fine this way" Spencer said getting closer to Lia. Before either of them knew what they were doing, they both started to lean in. Before anything could happen there was a knock at Lia's door making both Spencer and Lia move away from each other. 

"Come in" Lia says. 

Door opened revealing Luke "Just coming in and saying good night, Spencer go to your own room". 

"Of course. Good night Lia, night Luke" Spencer says walking out of the room. 

"Good night Luke, you can leave now" Lia says. 

That night Lia and Spencer couldn't go to bed. They were close to kissing each other and of course Luke had to ruin the moment before it could happen. So both Lia and Spencer spent their night staying up, thinking of the kiss that had almost happened. 

Here's chapter 9. THEY ALMOST KISSEDDDDDD!!!!!. Crazy I know. I have decided to update Monday and Fridays so I can get this book done. If I count correctly and update at the right times then I should have this book done by about December 1st. I hope you enjoy this chapter because I had a problem with the chapter outline thinking process lol. Anyways I'll have chapter  10 up on Friday.

Thanks for readinggggg

Have a great dayyyyyy.