Locked In

Kiran let out a yawn, hearing music playing from downstairs, along with the smell of pancakes.

"When marimba rhythm starts to play, dance with me, make me sway."

She turned the corner, seeing Katsuki holding Homura's hand as the two danced.

"Like how the breezy ocean hugs the shore, sway me smooth, sway me more." Katsuki sang.

"You've gotten better at singing, Katsuki." Homura complimented.

"Of course I have, I'm the best!"

"Except when it comes to ice skating." Homura retorted playfully.

"You mean high heels of hell on a frozen lake, no thanks. I'm meant for fighting and being a leader, I'm not meant to be graceful!"

"Dad, you've never been graceful."

The two parents looked to see Kiran, the girl receiving a good morning from them both.

"Hey mom, have you heard from Uncle Touya recently?" Kiran asked.

"He called me the other day. He wanted to let your father know that he's got some people investigating Nuker."

"You mean Bootleg Dynamite?" Kiran questioned.

"AHA! I told you he's just a worse version of me!" Katsuki said triumphantly.

.

Kiran walked through the halls of UA, seeing Hayate staring at his phone with an aggravated expression.

He glared, saying "This is ridiculous! Of all the times to-"

"Hey Raijin!"

"Ah! Bakugo, what a pleasant surprise!" Hayate said, turning to her.

She noticed the small dark circles under his eyes, as well as the tiredness of his voice.

"Raijin, when's the last time you've slept buddy? You look exhausted!" Kiran said, reaching her hand towards him.

He let out a sigh, saying "It's fine. Besides, the research I'm doing will be helpful in the future. I just need a few more days, and then everything will be ready."

"What'll be ready?"

"Don't worry about it, just personal stuff going on."

*Hours later....*

It was finally the end of the day, Hayate being extremely done with the day. He drifted off to sleep, the other students all exiting the building.... Most of them anyway.

"Raijin.... Raijin, wake up.... You asked for it."

A small explosion woke him up, Hayate looking for the source with a scowl. His eyes softened, seeing it was just Kiran.

"Hey.... How long have I been out?" He asked, concerned.

"Half an hour." Kiran replied.

The two both began walking towards one of the exits, Hayate saying "Thanks, I really needed the power nap. Now, let's get out of here."

He pushed on the door, expecting it to open.... It didn't budge.

"Huh?" Kiran says, moving him aside to grab onto the door. "Is the damn thing jammed?!" Kiran questioned, getting ready to use her quirk.

"Bakugo, don't bother.... This school was built to handle even Dynamite's quirk indoors. The school goes completely on lock after hours, only the staff have the keys and key cards to leave." Hayate told her, taking a few steps back.