4-1 Trust

Day 16

"So now there's only six of us here..." Hina lamented. Everyone remaining had gathered in the dining hall for their morning meeting, save for Byakuya and Toko who still refused to associate with anyone

"Only a third of the number of people we started with..." Hiro sighed

"Loneliness has become commonplace." Kyoko added

"That't true..." Sakura agreed. Makoto wasn't saying anything, but he was just staring at her like he wanted to say something "Makoto, are you okay?"

"Ah-! N-No, I'm fine...!" He reacted. Well he's clearly hiding something. Seemingly has something to do with Sakura... something he learned between now and after the trial last night

"Okay! In that case, let's eat till we pass out!" Hina decided

"Whaddya mean, 'In that case'?" Hiro asked

"Well, cuz look how scary everyone looks! It's gotta be cuz you're all fighting on empty stomachs, right? If you fill your belly, I'm sure you'll all cheer up! So, let's eat! Let's fry up some fish and donuts and eat till we can't stand up!"

"That's like a Deep Impact style, meteor impact, extinction level event combination of foods..."

"What!? Those are both breakfast time top sellers!"

"We do have to explore, so we still need to stand" Quill said

"That's right. Since the class trial is over, new areas should have opened up..." Sakura added

"Plus, we still have Alter Ego. We don't have to give in to despair just yet." Kyoko told them

"She's right... We have to plan ahead and think about the future!" Makoto exclaimed

"Yeah, yeah!" Hina smiled "Think happy thoughts! Not deathy thoughts!"

"Like when we're gonna get outta here, right? When this is all over...I think I wanna get reborn for serious. Er-I mean, reborn AS someone serious..." Hiro corrected himself

"Hey, are you okay? That sounds like something someone who's about to die would say..."

"I'm totally okay! I'm not gonna die! Why? Cuz there aren't gonna be any more murders!"

"Huh? What makes you so sure...?"

"I predicted it last night! Since it revealed itself to me from the ether, there's no doubt about it!"

"...How accurate is your fortune-telling, anyway?" Sakura hesitantly questioned him

"I can usually hit twenty or thirty percent on a good day!"

"That seems...really low." Hina commented

"Well, yeah! It's not like it's ESP or whatever. Of course I'm only gonna get it right sometimes! I told you, my fortune-telling isn't like some occult thing!"

"Fortune-telling...isn't occult?"

"Of course not!" Hiro yelled at her "Clairvoyance is clairvoyance! Don't put it in the same category as cattle mutilation!"

"Cattle... What?"

"The old urban legend often used for movies about aliens abducting cows to dissect and research them" Quill explained

"No...! You're calling it an urban legend!? As a matter of fact, it's true... As a matter of fact, it's happened to me!" Hiro claimed "It all happened one day when I went to go get a hamburger... It was a place I'd never been before. They claimed their patties were 100% all beef... So I got a burger to go and headed home. And before long...the sky was filled with a mysterious blinding light! Some crazy beam came out of nowhere and locked on to my hamburger! And as soon as the beam touched it, the burger started floating in mid-air...! And then, still floating there, the entire burger started coming apart! One part of it just vanished, while the rest fell back into my hand...! Do you realize what that means? It means, the burger wasn't 100% beef! It must've had some pork or something mixed in... Something like seventy percent pork and thirty percent beef, would be my guess. So I stormed back into the burger place and got up in the manager's grill. And they totally admitted it... It WASN'T 100% beef! They totally mixed in ground pork with it! Now do you see!? THAT is cattle mutilation!"